Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

Understairs toilet. As you can see in the image on the right two pipes coming down with one breaking off for the loo and continuing to the sink. I figure the other one is the hot pipe. If you dont see all these pipes under your stairs, then I would complain.
[broken link removed]

Heading to the bank this Friday. Btw, I'm still unsure of the prices of our house. It's an end of Terrace. Does anyone know the price?

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the pictures bobdangler I see what you mean about the attic ha! ha! My loo under the stairs has only one pipe coming in but I did not look in the storage area so it might be there. I got the same feedback about the builder so Im not holding my breath. We are end of terrace in Cherrygrove and its €195,000. We were at the bank today its a lot of paperwork alright. I signed my name bout one hundred times. Now the bank send all the stuff away to Dublin and we wait to see if we get approval. The bank send in their guy to do valuation and then when bank gives approval you send to Council and solicitor and council deal with other. Bank deals with council and solicitor and you just sit tight with fingers and toes crossed. Good Luck!

Thanks very much deemull, that's really helpful! Would be great to get in there for May. Hopefully our letter to say we've accepted arrives soon.

Please confine the discussion to the Affordable Housing Process. This is not the place to post pictures of your attic! or discuss what its like to live in particular developments. If you want to do this perhaps www.neghbours.ie might be a more appropriate spot.

aj
(moderator)

Hi all, havent been near this in a few days! i have spoken to the builders and they have said that the council have been onto them and they are aware of a few rectifications and he said that when i get the keys he will have alook at it and will sort it out then! so feel a little bit more at ease! hope all is well with develoments!!

Hi all, havent been near this in a few days! i have spoken to the builders and they have said that the council have been onto them and they are aware of a few rectifications and he said that when i get the keys he will have alook at it and will sort it out then! so feel a little bit more at ease! hope all is well with develoments!!

thanks for the info Blossy. Glad to hear they are willing to do more than what the council said.
Has anybody gone to the banks yet? Only got my letter yest. so hopefully will make a start next wk.

Got my letter yesterday and had it back in the post yesterday evening. Am going to BOI tomorrow. Has anyone checked into which bank of the 4 are offering the best mortgage deals?

i am going with who gave me principle approval, First active seemed to have offered the most but they will only do 5yr fixed rate or a tracker mortgage for the affordable housing scheme. actually prob not allowed to post thier rates here tho! i think after the approval in principle its fairly straight forward...i say with hope!

Hi all,

Just wondering when the bank sends valuer to the house, they obviously don't get keys from the council for this or is it just the outside of the house they look at??

Thanks

Hi can anyone tell me is it just cherrygrove and ravensdale that being offered? Is it all 3 bed or are there 2 beds also? I was sent out that letter a few months ago to get a pre approval, went to my own bank and didn't think I stood a chance as my account was all over the place, he told me wait off 6 months before applying for a loan (my bank isn't one of the ones listed) I got on to the council today and they told me i was still eligible for Heron's Wood, to just go ahead and get an approval!

Hi all,

Just wondering when the bank sends valuer to the house, they obviously don't get keys from the council for this or is it just the outside of the house they look at??

Thanks

Actually, we just got our reply letter from the council following us returning our Acceptance. It has a list of the next steps to be taken. One of them is that we pass on a supplied name and number of one of the people in the Co co to the valuer and they can request a key to view the house.

Excellent!! thank you for that. I am waiting to find out now if I will be approved for the mortgage, it's tough going all the same, all this waiting around!

Excellent!! thank you for that. I am waiting to find out now if I will be approved for the mortgage, it's tough going all the same, all this waiting around!

We are waiting for our approval too - We were just told we should know something by the end of the week - now the anxiety is starting to kick in :p

Went with BOI in South Mall on Friday. Very helpful and were told we have been given loan approval yesterday. 1 working day...Excellent service!! The next step they want from us is a salery cert from our employers and once we sort out house (which BOI are offering themselves with 50% off offer) and life insurance then it's off to the Co Council Solicitors and mine to sort out.

We are waiting for our approval too - We were just told we should know something by the end of the week - now the anxiety is starting to kick in :p

I know the feeling, try rescue remedy!!!! It works, honestly. I've gone to a broker, cause my circumstances require it. I should know by Friday. I'm just trying not to think about it. Let me know how you get on now. Have you been to see the house yet? Or do you have to wait for your approval?

Back