Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

Dear Andy and Lou, thanks for the heads up. cumann don't lose heart we were interviewed in Nov and told that the council only had keys for half the houses and we may be waiting til March to find out if we were going to be allocated one.We are keeping all our fingers and toes crossed for you.

Hi all, just came accross posts when doing a search on cherry grove. I've been offered a midterrace and going to view it wed during lunch. I've been on the list for 2 -3 years. Congrats to all that got offers and best of luck to those still waiting.

Hi all, just came accross posts when doing a search on cherry grove. I've been offered a midterrace and going to view it wed during lunch. I've been on the list for 2 -3 years. Congrats to all that got offers and best of luck to those still waiting.

Hi All,
It's great to hear so many happy people. For those who haven't heard anything yet, keep the heads up. Im going to see my new house on lunch 2moro so fingers crossed :)

just hoping that everyone that is viewing their home tomorrow finds it to be all they are hoping for - i was out to see ravensdale during the weekend and im delighted - they are lovely!!

just hoping that everyone that is viewing their home tomorrow finds it to be all they are hoping for - i was out to see ravensdale during the weekend and im delighted - they are lovely!!

Good luck everyone today with the viewings!

Hi all, i just googled my new address of Cheryy Grove!!! :) woohoo!! and see that there are lots of people after being offerred Cherry Grove, i had been on the list for well over two years and am so delighted to be eventually owning my own home!!! :) i am viewing it tpday aswell!!! I work around the corner so ill be viewing it all day ha! like another i have also spent a few sunday afternoons snooping around the houses ha! glad im not the only one! its nice to see everyone on this seems nice!! hi neighbours!!

Hi Guys!!

how did you all get on with your viewings today?? Hope it was what you all wished for. I viewed my new home in cherry grove, and i have to say i was absoloutley delighted with the house. The whole estate looks lovely too. Just cant wait to move in now!!

hi Lockett, im just back from viewing mine i love it too!!! :) no sink in the downstairs loo??? but the plumbing there for it! am really happy tho!! are u end or mid terrace!?

Hi All,
Just back from viewing mine in Orchard court and Im so thrilled with it :D
Finally some movement !!!

Hi to all. We had our viewing today too. We are end of terrace and we love the house. Just in relation to downstairs loo, we don't even have the plumbing for our sink, seems someone forgot the waste pipe and hot water pipe. I rang the council but just message service. What do ye think will the council be responsible for fixing these problems or will it be up to us??? Cant wait to get things moving. I saw loads of people rushing around with measuring tapes today its so exciting. Hope everyone is pleased good luck with the next step guys

congrats to everybody on their new houses. We are end of terrace too,(Cherry Grove) its been worth the wait! We've been waiting almost 4 years now and couldn't be happier. We had a look inside today, HAS ANYBODY ELSE NOTICED that only a few houses have intact letter boxes, half the doors do not close properly inside the house, there is no water sealent around any of the sinks or bath,missing tolilet seat, visible large cracks on ceiling around both wardrobes and no joke, all the vents in the house are fixed on upside down? WE ARE SERIOUSLY DELIGHTED WITH THE HOUSE AND ARE IN NO WAY UNGRATEFUL FOR THIS WONDERFUL OPPERTUNITY...... can't wait to move in! But exactly how can the council say these houses have been snagged? Who did the snag list for them?

Went to see my new home yesterday and so pleased with it....
Was told we'd be waiting three months til we're in, so the countdown begins! :)

Hi all! When i was there yesterday i had the opportunity to meet with two ladies from the council! i expressed my concern about a crack in the understairs loo and it looked like to me it was thru to the kitchen, obviosly i was worried as this would not seem to be a surface or plaster crack, they said to me that thier engineers had looked at the houses and found them to be fine! my only option was for me is to get my own engineer in and take that up with the builders! i am extremely grateful for my new home also but i am worried that these cracks etc are not looked after, if it wasnt through the council, i would be onto the builders myself, but i dont know who they are!!?? Any other info re this would be great!

Hi all! When i was there yesterday i had the opportunity to meet with two ladies from the council! i expressed my concern about a crack in the understairs loo and it looked like to me it was thru to the kitchen, obviosly i was worried as this would not seem to be a surface or plaster crack, they said to me that thier engineers had looked at the houses and found them to be fine! my only option was for me is to get my own engineer in and take that up with the builders! i am extremely grateful for my new home also but i am worried that these cracks etc are not looked after, if it wasnt through the council, i would be onto the builders myself, but i dont know who they are!!?? Any other info re this would be great!

Hi Blossy,
We also viewed ours yest. and we noticed a damp patch which we think it is cause the chimney isn't finished properly but we were told the same as yourselves that their engineer passed the houses. Well there's no way the engineer could have missed this so we are not leaving it go and are def not paying for it ourselves. We found out that the builder is Astra Construction. So fingers crossed they will be a bit more helpful than the council.

Wow! thanks a mil for that! glad u have same opinion as me, they may be cheaper but still paying my hard earned money for a mortgage so am not gonna just accept those conditions! i work in Carriglaine and deal with Astra construction, so perhaps i can ask who the engineers were, my friend in the building industry also claims that no snagger would have left them in the condition he saw. i was so delighted when i came on this morning and saw mine was not the only one with a few questions! ps the houses are really nice tho!

question to all, if i want to get my own engineer or even meet with the site foreman to show my concerns re cracks and what ever else! how do i do that without the keys as the council have the keys? if i wait to get my keys then papers signed and tough on me? what can be done? any suggestions??

question to all, if i want to get my own engineer or even meet with the site foreman to show my concerns re cracks and what ever else! how do i do that without the keys as the council have the keys? if i wait to get my keys then papers signed and tough on me? what can be done? any suggestions??

Blossy I am in the same both so please let us know if you get any more information..

Back