Hen party in Athlone

Its a trip to a farm. The bride to be and her party get to milk a cow, learn to do the siege of ennis and learn how to bake bread.

They return to the hotel for dinner and a visit to the night club.

sounds a little old fashioned
Indeed - nightclubs are so passé these days.

Thanks for all your help will be trying out bozo's sounds great. but i need something to do during the day, can anyone tell me if its possible to get a boat trip on the shannon for an hour or two.

Thanks again!

Maybe I shouldnt believe everything I read in the newspapers. The article does say the hotel as welcomed 7 parties so far this year and has more booked.

Hi Dozylass,

Try this

[broken link removed]

It has a number of different kinds of trips along the Shannon/Lough Ree that should be really enjoyable - leaves from Athlone, I think they are based beside the Radisson in Athlone.

Also another one which might be a bit of craic for a hen is then Viking Cruises that depart from Athlone

http://www.iol.ie/wmeathtc/viking/

Hope ye have a ball!!

C

Nightclubs in Athlone aren't the may for a town with such a young population. At least that was the case when I was there years ago. Things might have changed though. There was a place called 'Bozo's' (where I asked for a pint of Bozo's - oh the hillarity :D ) and a place called Ginkles. Don't recall there being anywhere else...
bozo;s has been revamped now and its a cool place to go to and there not a lot of young people. ginkles is gone now and there's the palace, and west's bar overlooking the shannon so it still a lively spot.

athlone is still a good lively spot to go to as there a couple disco bars and nite clubs are still very good

Hey y'all,

What kind of music do they have in the nightclubs and disco bars?

My friend is heading there in August... he likes minimal and boiler house.

Was in that karma nightclub last week in the prince of wales. As a dub, I thought it way above average for a country nightclub.

how do nightclubs differ from dublin to the country, are they painted in gold in dublin or something?

Was in that karma nightclub last week in the prince of wales. As a dub, I thought it way above average for a country nightclub.

What, no wellies ? no bales of hay to sit on ? a bar with more than bottles of Guinnness ?

Shurely shome mishtake !!!

well there is no chance you would get your head blown off by a drug dealer in the country, and the streets are alot cleaner than dirty dublin, its so dirty up there, does anyone use any bins, what are your houses like, messy dubs and dirty drug pushers

Back