Hen party in Athlone

Dozylass

I am trying to organise a hen party in Athlone can anyone advise am i wasting my time. Or give me any ideas? Thanks in advance

Dozylass said:
I am trying to organise a hen party in Athlone can anyone advise am i wasting my time.
Do you know somebody getting married? Ideally female.

What kind of hen party? L-plates and t-shirts or something a bit more sedate? Athlone has some nice restaurants for the latter, and loads of pubs for the former.

Kilkenny seems to be the place for these. Unbelievable amount of hen parties go there. Aswell as the fakers. 'I'm getting married in the morning but want one last fling with some mad stranger like yourself....' oh yeah

Berlin,

I want to organise something sedate with a little fun. The bride is not into the L plates etc!
I was thinking maybe of booking cabins and having everyone stay in the one place, dinner drinks and a good niteclub.
Any heads up on the better resturants?

rkeane said:
Aswell as the fakers. 'I'm getting married in the morning but want one last fling with some mad stranger like yourself....' oh yeah
Is that the fake or does that come later? :confused:

I don't know in Athlone - but a word of advice - inform the resturant / pub / night club - that your booking for a hen. Just organised my brothers - stag - and got mixed reactions from places I was trying to book - so I just kept moving till I found places that hadn't any issue.

Good luck

Eoin

Many hotels will nearly hang up on you if you tell them its a stag. I had to organise one last year and used the old 'golf outing' story when asked why I wanted to book rooms for 10 lads. Might be the same for hens.

Not sure about the nightclub scene. As I'm 110 years old, that sort of thing is in the dim distant past. This website [broken link removed] might help with accomodation - don't know about cabins. There are also some nice restaurants in Glasson, about 3 miles from Athlone Town. The Glasson Village Restaurant 090-6485001 is v.good, as is the Wineport Lodge 090-6439010 which is in a beautiful setting on the lakeshore and also has guest rooms.

[broken link removed] Portlick is outside Athlone, 4 cabins available, might suit, know people who went there once and now they go back every year.

16 of us "Hens" went to The Great Southern Roslare last week-end for a pampering week-end and had a ball. The management and staff at the hotel could have not done enough for us. They even reserved seats for us in the bar Saturday night for after our meal. The Hen was treated to a "special" breakfast in bed - which none of us had organised. It was brilliant.

NHG said:
16 of us "Hens" went to The Great Southern Roslare last week-end for a pampering week-end and had a ball. The management and staff at the hotel could have not done enough for us. They even reserved seats for us in the bar Saturday night for after our meal. The Hen was treated to a "special" breakfast in bed - which none of us had organised. It was brilliant.
Bloody favourtism. I'd ask for a discount!!

Nightclubs in Athlone aren't the may for a town with such a young population. At least that was the case when I was there years ago. Things might have changed though. There was a place called 'Bozo's' (where I asked for a pint of Bozo's - oh the hillarity :D ) and a place called Ginkles. Don't recall there being anywhere else...

The are now three niteclubs Bozos Ginkels Karma, there is also a late bar / niteclub in the palace bar. The Prince of Wales Hotel would also have a nice restaurant and the niteclub is Karma as mentioned above. Dont do niteclubs anymore but heard its ok. There are a few nice restaurants around too. If you like Italian food try Di Bella or Pavarottis, there is also a nice restaurant known as Hatters which is underneath the pub Gertie Browns. ( Ihave sampled all of these and would recomend highly)The newest hotel would be the radisson in the middle of town, you could also try the college as they would have several student units vacant now that may suit to book as a group. If you need anymore info let me know

Thanks for your help previously on this topic, we have booked into a b&b in town so are on the countdown to the event.
I have one problem left. Some of us are going down Friday nite and I was wondering was there any activities we could do during the day i.e. a boat that does trips on the shannon. Just want to fill a few hours if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks again :D

Was in that karma nightclub last week in the prince of wales. As a dub, I thought it way above average for a country nightclub.

Athlone has....

Great Pubs(Seans, Gertie Browns, The Palace Bar)
Great Restaurants(Left Bank, Olive Grove, Le Chateau, Pavorottis,Hatter's Lane, WinePort, Di Bella, Kin Kao !!)

The Shannon is beautiful, and the walks by the lakes are second to none.

Good water activities, fishing, sailing.

Bowling, cinema....

Athlone Castle, Clonmacnoise is nearby

Good shopping...

check out www.athlone.ie for more info.

Hi there.

Thant night club mentioned ginkles is now closed. The other 2 are quite good but for a hen party i would say go to bozo's as karma is small with too many people packed in like sardines. Thats what i find anyway. Bozo's has 3levels its pretty good. And I would defo go to the palace bar accross the bridge you should ring and see do they have any entertainment on the nyt ye hens r going.

As mentioned ny selfbuild there is loads to do the shannon is beautiful. Lots of shops and some lovely restaurants di bella's is my favourite.

hth

I see a article in a meath newspaper where The Headfort Arms in Kells are organising hen nights. They have teamed up with Causey Experience. Its a trip to a farm. The bride to be and her party get to milk a cow, learn to do the siege of ennis and learn how to bake bread. sounds a little old fashioned but considering there are alot of poeple out there that doesnt really know where milk comes from it might be a bit of craic as well as learning something. Would a bride to be today need to learn "about the birds and the bees." They return to the hotel for dinner and a visit to the night club. A late breakfast is provided the next morning.The website is www.headfortarms.ie.

Back