Help with selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas22

Frequent Poster
Messages
251
Only one of the estate agents called today and they reckon that in the current market they wouldn't be willing to market the proprety at more than €325k
 
J

Jaid79

Guest
Only one of the estate agents called today and they reckon that in the current market they wouldn't be willing to market the proprety at more than €325k
Is that not a good thing? at least they are above your break even point.

Jaid
 

Paulone

Frequent Poster
Messages
286
Only one of the estate agents called today and they reckon that in the current market they wouldn't be willing to market the proprety at more than €325k
Is that the going rate at the moment for apartments around you or which you think are equivalent? If it is, then it might be your best option if you absolutely must sell now.

Ring around a few more estate agents, you have nothing to lose
 

Thomas22

Frequent Poster
Messages
251
Is that not a good thing? at least they are above your break even point.

Jaid
Yes we went with this EA. And he thinks he should be able to get the first viewing as soon as tomorrow. He definitely seems to be more professional than the last woman and seems to know the local market well. He thinks he will be able to sell it pretty quickly due to the location, price etc. All we need now is one decent offer!
 
J

Jaid79

Guest
Yes we went with this EA. And he thinks he should be able to get the first viewing as soon as tomorrow. He definitely seems to be more professional than the last woman and seems to know the local market well. He thinks he will be able to sell it pretty quickly due to the location, price etc. All we need now is one decent offer!
The best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Jaid
 

Thomas22

Frequent Poster
Messages
251
Another tough week.
The new agent managed to arange 3 viewings so at least that seems to be much more happening.

We received 1 offer but it was for only €305,000, the agent actually thinks it is a serious offer but I think the person is just chancing their arm!
We really are at our wits end at this stage

Has any else any experience of selling an apartment in Temple recently? Should be accept this offer or hold off until that market pickups? can things get any worse than the moment?
 
J

Jaid79

Guest
Another tough week.
The new agent managed to arange 3 viewings so at least that seems to be much more happening.

We received 1 offer but it was for only €305,000, the agent actually thinks it is a serious offer but I think the person is just chancing their arm!
We really are at our wits end at this stage

Has any else any experience of selling an apartment in Temple recently? Should be accept this offer or hold off until that market pickups? can things get any worse than the moment?
That would leave you out of pocket, but its up to you if you are willing to hold on and see if the market turns. Me personaly I would ask the people to increase their offer more in line with your expectations.

See what happens, I have spoken with a number of EA and there seems to be more activity lately.

Jaid
 
L

LUFC

Guest
Its a tough call, do you sell now & take a small hit or wait, if market keeps declining the €305 might look like a good offer in a few months time, if market picks up, you may get your asking price.
Its all down to how much the buyers can borrow & what they think is a fair price for your property.
In the summer of '06 people buying a house expected to become part of a bidding war (increasing above asking price), now the market has swung & buyers can bid below asking price.
How long will it take for sellers mentality to change..... or will it....
 

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Messages
40,560
This question has been dealt with adequately at this stage. Recent posts were in breach of our Posting Guidelines about not discussing house prices and have been deleted.

Brendan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top