Has anyone used ORBITZ.com ?

poppy265

Hi , i am looking at booking a trip from San Francisco to Las Vegas in March 09, and Orbitz seem to be the cheapest option. Im just looking for feedback from anyone who has used them?
thanks

I've used Orbitz and have used Orbitz for pretty much all my travel over the past 1-2 years.

Their prices are usually the best, their UI is by FAR the best and to be honest, I have never had to use their customer service. Thumbs up here.

thank you for your reply, i think i will chance booking them. In the terms and conditions it states i can't claim for the flights if i don't use them but i can claim a refund for the hotel. Its just that i arrive to san francisco at 12.30 and hope to fly to las vegas at 4pm so hope my flight from Dublin to san fran isn't delayed.

My advice is to AVOID!! Lots of horror stories about Orbitz and other travel consolidators over on tripadvisor. I always book direct with airlines, that way they are the ones who have to look after you of things go wrong. You have loads of discount and regular airline options on this route.

As for hotels, there are loads and loads of bargains in Vegas. I really find it hard to believe that the Orbitz deal is the best.

Agree with shesells - I had to change an internal US flight for someone in the States who had booked with them and it was a total nightmare. Only open within US working hours so difficult to ring from Ireland, literally hours on hold, excessively patronising, they convinced me I had to ring the airline who promptly sent me back to Orbitz. Very unpleasant all round. I have never actually used them myself, just their customer service to help someone else.

Back