Greenwood Investments

Re: Greenwood Management ??

Somebody needs to know that this crew have set up office in Mallorca no. 21 room 701 avenida Jaime 3 Palma

Yes this is completely correct you can find the new address on our letterheads, for any other interested readers I will be happy to supply the details of our other offices we are looking at opening several more in southern Europe including one soon in Lisbon Portugal.

People need to seriously check into the implications of investing with companies that are not registered here in Ireland. Even with our limited protection, it will be next to impossible to have any protection whatsoever for a company not registered here. Last year it was Greenwood Investments aim to set up a limited company here and they were looking for premises etc. That does not appear to have happened and I would be asking questions why before investing in another trading arm.

Also, from what I can make out the registered offices are all in po boxes etc and I would not hand over any money until I saw an established history of trading, personnell and their qualifications, previous returns etc.

Please be aware of this before making any decisions.

Re: Greenwood Management

Hi MandaC, Greenwood decided to postpone the office in Ireland for a number of reasons primarily that Ireland is a particularly small market for the company amongst a number of other issues.
The office in Dublin is of course a postal address, a trading name was registered with the CRO this structure was set up initially for an easy transition.
We recommend that clients seek independent advice from a qualified professional.

Absolutely agree that investors intending to invest in any form of investment should have independent advice.

Just wondering if the APS Limited company is located in a serviced office or PO Box either?

No the ApS is located in a manned office, the luxembourg office is for the reason of company structure, The singapore office is manned as well.

Hello, funnily enough i requested further info from greenwood after seeing an advert by them. i have had a look at the brochure and all looks well...im just a little unsure why they are not regulated. i spoke to them last year and they said they were in the process of becoming a fund, yet when i spoke to a broke the other month, they said they were still in the process. also, they use an irish bank account, registerd in denmark, or holland...cant rememeber which and have an office in south spain,

can anyone explain...

my broker was very aggressive if i am honest with you. spoke in a very rough london accent, his grammar and syntax was appalling. almost felt threatened by him.... but i cant jude the product by a bad broker.

If you read the thread, I think you will come to the conclusion that the other posters came to. If in doubt etc., etc.

sure, thanks for your answer. i just wanted an definitive answer, i called the fsa who directed me to the danish fsa, they weren't much help and couldn't tell me if they had applied...or tell me much of anything really.

Hi in response to your postings, I don't know what I can do to prove to you guys that the projects are what we say they are!! but for a balanced discussion I am happy to answer all your questions and I will also happily provide information to you regarding the projects and there viability.

In response to Mohamed we had an initial interview with the Danish FSA regarding regulation this is a service that they conduct so the requirements are known before the official application is made. The outcome of the meeting is that the product will have to be restructured slightly to be eligible for regulation and this is something we will be actively seeking to conclude, whilst the waiting time after the official application is made is between 3-6 months. At the moment the company is structured in a similar way to a lot of property investment companies [although we deal in agriculture as opposed to residential or commercial properties] this is also a structure that agricultural companies have been running in places such as New Zealand successfully for a number of years although it has never really been developed in Europe.
The company is a registered Danish ApS and this works well for the tax structure allowing money to go in and out of Brazil without higher taxes being applied due to the tax treaties between Denmark and Brazil. You would have had the details for the Irish bank account due to your location we have several agents in several countries and again it is dependent on your location which agent you would of spoken to. Also if you could pm me the name of the agent you spoke to I would be grateful.

Thankyou Greenwood, you have been most helpful. I am happy what you have said and am happy with everything so far. i am looking about now to see what takes my fancy, so i will be in touch soon. buit i think i will phone direct as i dont want a hard sell like last time.

Hi Mohammed,

I would say that it might be a good idea for you to send me a private message with your full name [ as long as you are happy] and then I will be able to search the system for your details to avoid any potential further calls. It will also be helpful for me so that I can find the call logs.

Regards

All posters should do their homework very thoroughly before investing in anything.

I would be very wary of investing one red cent into anything that cannot be regulated in Ireland.

This is an irish site and the company we are discussing is not regulated in ireland. There was talk of setting up a limited company in Cork as far as I can recall, but I am not sure that materialised.

Unless Greenwood are able to show proven results to date, you would be as well off betting your money on the 3.10 at Punchestown.

Hi MandaC,

I think that it is important to state that there are a number of similar investments in Ireland that are also unregulated.

I think that it is important to also state that although this is an Irish site it is also read by many people in many other countries. Our website shows several resources freely available from independent professionals and viability studies that have been conducted regarding the projects from experts in the exact locations.

If I can possibly supply you with anymore information to prove that Geenwood is doing what it has said it would then I will be happy to supply this however other than this I am at a loss of what I can say or do to prove this!

So that we can discuss this in a neutral light is there anything in particular MandaC that I can provide?

Very specific question concerning Greenwoods Copenhagen office and whether it is manned has been split off to a seperate thread.

.. however on our website [unfortunately I cannot post the link on this site but it is gwmtv .com] all projections can be found clearly for the project in question. The information sources for the projections are also found on this website and it states clearly the rates used for inflation ..

Whyever not post the link?

When you google gwmtv you get the following :

Greenwood Management - Forestry Investment | Invest in Timber ...

Forestry investments with average returns of between 10 and 16 percent per annum. Greenwood Management will help you invest in timber and sustainable ...
gwmtv.com/ - -

I think in reply to this statement it would be good for you to private message me with the names of the two agents you spoke to as these work independently however all agents are financial professionals in there jurisdictions this will also allow us to look back at information such as call recordings etc,

AAM is an Irish consumer public website and we dont encourage offline discussion via PM.

aj

Why ever not post the link?
Unfortunately unless you have posted 15 items or more on askaboutmoney you cannot post a link I therefore have not posted more than 15 items so I am not allowed to post a direct link to the information required.

When you google gwmtv you get the following :

Greenwood Management - Forestry Investment | Invest in Timber ...

Forestry investments with average returns of between 10 and 16 percent per annum. Greenwood Management will help you invest in timber and sustainable ...
gwmtv.com/ - Cached - Similar

This is a catch line taken from internet references historically direct forestry investments have shown returns of 10%-16% over the last 30 years however it is not directly relevant and is generic information regarding the industry as a whole it shows up on most search engines due to the amount of information stating these historical figure and the keywords associated with this industry it is important to state however that we do not promote these figures as targets for any particular project.

AAM is an Irish consumer public website and we dont encourage offline discussion via PM.
I understand this however due to the poster probably not wanting to disclose private information [understandably] such as the name of themselves or the names of representatives they have spoken to I suggested this as an option to avoid a possible uncomfortable situation for either the poster or the representative. If it helps to publicly post this information then we may well have access to additional information required to have a balanced discussion on the subject, having said this I do understand that privacy is an important point so I do not wish to push this point if the poster is uncomfortable with this.

I understand that these guys are still advertising online and calling Irish customers.

If anyone has a link to one of their ads I would appreciate it.

Brendan

Back