Good Hairdressers in Dublin

Have to agree about Zeba, I recently had a full head highlights done with cut from a senior stylist there, it cost almost €200 as well. I have to say that I was really disappointed with the final result, I have medium brown short hair with dark eyebrows and dark brown eyes I wanted just some very subtle highlights running through, yknow something to break up the brown a little. Was pretty shocked to find I was almost completely blonde when I got home, my hair looked frazzled and the colour really weird against my pale skin and dark eyebrows! The stylist left the highlights in for far too long while she went to attend to another client, I'm sure I was waiting almost an hour before they were washed out. I mean arent stylists supposed to know what colour will suit you instead of just slapping on some brassy blonde colour? The cut was nothing to write home about either. Theres something just so disappointing about spending alot of money on a supposedly hi-end professional colour and cut and come out looking like a dogs dinner. Rang them straight away on monday morning telling them I wanted it redone, they better not charge me!

Please help - I live in Northern Ireland and would travel to Dublin for a good cut & colour - a stlye that I could manage myself Can anyone out there recommend someone - in Dublin- Dundalk or Belfast?

Hi Buddy 1 - if you like I can PM you some details closer to our opening week...we'll have some great offers for the week so it may be worth your while...

Looking for a recommendation for a stylist who can cut curly hair - preferably southside Dublin. Like one of the other posters I find the cut and dry process so demoralising I usually come away and have a good cry.

I used the hairdressers at Bakers Corner for the first time a few months ago - fantastic cut. I had gone there because I'd noticed a friend's hair looking really well a couple of times and that is where she'd gone. Don't have the card with me so can't tell you the name of the guy who cut mine but it's only a small place and I think there are only two or three of them plus a junior. I don't do colors in my hair (figure I've put so much time and effort into earning the white hairs, it'd be madness to part with my hard-earned cash to cover them up :) ) so can't say if they're any good on that side of thing but when it comes to cutting, I thought they were excellent and reasonably priced.

[broken link removed] is the website.

One of my pet hates at a hairdressers is when the stylist doesn't even bother to look at my hair before its been washed, to get an idea of how it sits etc.
I like a hairdresser who can tread the fine line between forcing an unwanted hairstyle on a customer and just disinterestedly doing anything she's asked with no discussion/advice offered.
I also think its important that the stylist guages whether people want to chat or not. Usually when I'm at the hairdressers I'm exhausted and really just want to sit and relax without having to discuss my holiday plans/where I'm going that night etc. I always really appreciate when the stylist picks up on this and just makes a few friendly remarks and leaves it at that.

Hi, I'm planning to get my hair done before I head away for the summer. My hair is naturally red and curly so it tends to frizz easily. TBH I'm really nervous, my hair is hard to manage and I'm afraid it'll get cut far to short to maintain. I find alot of the hairdressers I've delt with to be rude and very dismissive of my wishes. I've never left a salon really happy. I don't want a mad style just a cut and a new shape...

I've also accompanied my friend on several occassions and have been appalled at what they've done to her hair. One hairdressers continued to bleach her hair for over a year even though her hair was falling out and no other hairdressers would touch it. He then agreed to repigment it but never fully washed out the pigment and my friend ended up in tears with a colour that could only be discribes as a red/brown rinse.

Hi NoxieJones,

Make an appointment with your desired salon for a consultation ( should always be free). Explain your concerns to the stylist and ask them what they would suggest. Shop around, maybe spend an hour or two having consultations in different salons - if anyone refuses to do a consultation without you actually making a booking to have the job done, then I would avoid them anyway.

There are loads of products available that will make your type of hair more easy to manage, a good stylist should recommend something that suits you.

Out of interest, what salons have you tried before?

D

Hi, I'm planning to get my hair done before I head away for the summer. My hair is naturally red and curly so it tends to frizz easily. TBH I'm really nervous, my hair is hard to manage and I'm afraid it'll get cut far to short to maintain. I find alot of the hairdressers I've delt with to be rude and very dismissive of my wishes. I've never left a salon really happy. I don't want a mad style just a cut and a new shape...

I've also accompanied my friend on several occassions and have been appalled at what they've done to her hair. One hairdressers continued to bleach her hair for over a year even though her hair was falling out and no other hairdressers would touch it. He then agreed to repigment it but never fully washed out the pigment and my friend ended up in tears with a colour that could only be discribes as a red/brown rinse.

To be honest do you not think your friend was also at fault here if she continued to let her hair be bleached against the advice of other stylists and given the fact it was falling out?

Another vote here for House of Colour. Been going to the Liffey Street branch for years now and they are just getting better and better! Around New Years I got my hair done in Toni and Guy after listening to my sister badgering on about them for so long, cost me €140 for cut and all over colour, went back to House of Colour and it was €78! And a much better service eg long chat about what I wanted to achieve. They did the salon up a while ago and it is really so nice now!

Budget Hairdressing

I found this beautiful place on Dorset st in Dublin City Centre.
They've got really reasonable prices and very friendly and proffesional staff.
€90 for full head of highlights - and using loreal products.
and their wash and blowdrys start from only €12! - you can get that done on a regular basis www.naturellesalon.com

Hi All,

A big THANKS to everyone that got in touch to give their experiences on different salons around the city. We've finally opened the doors of our new salon in Tallaght and things are going very well, the salon looks great, we've hired a wonderful team and the feedback has been 100% positive.

If anyone is interested, we're offering a 50% discount on your first KHAKI bill. Feel free to get in touch for more info ([broken link removed] or 01-4625820).

Thanks again to everyone.

Kind rgds,
DD

To answer your questions: (Might help if you had setup a new post on this one)

Prices - Am willing to pay for good service, good quality hair dressing and convenience of location.

Customer Care - Prefer to have the same person applying colour, washing, cutting and not be pushed from one person to the other. Want that person dedicated to me while I'm there (not working on three clients at one time). Want to be offered a cup of tea or coffee at the very least.
Juniors should be trained on customer care and what it means... Don't want to have additional products pushed on me either!

Opening hours - Normal plus two late nights a week if possible
Creativity - Sometimes want the stylist to suggest new things, perhaps using new technolgies in colour or whatever. It can get boring if your stylist is not creative.

Technical quality - Want to know that the hair dressers have been trained and or worked in some big name salons. Want to know the product names you are using (not some obscure products) and that they are the better quality.

Salon atmosphere - A little music but not blasting. Clean, modern, no clutter, classy...., comfortable chairs, not too visible to people outside....

Hope that helps! PM me if you want to ask any more

I can highly recommend hession Hairdressing in Drumcondra (Dublin northside to those you don't know)

I can especially recommend Hessions to the girl with the curly hair - I've a map mop of same myself.

I go to Paul Hession himself and he can cut curly hair. But others there (Incl Robbie) have also cut it well.

I'm going there for about 2 years and haven't been anywhere else since I started going there.

don't think it's anymore expensive than any of the well known places mentioned already.

Hi!!! Have you ever had a perm? I am searching for a good, experienced and CHEAP hairdresser in Dublin to do that!!
HELP MEE!

Thanks,
Laura

Hi!!! Have you ever had a perm? I am searching for a good, experienced and CHEAP hairdresser in Dublin to do that!!
HELP MEE!

Thanks,
Laura

There is a hairdressers near the bleeding horse called the hair academy and they are almost always looking for people for free perms as they are done by the trainees.

Hi,

Not sure if this thread is dead, but I'm moving from Aus to Ireland for study and am needing recommendations for good hairdressers in Dublin!

I've noticed a lot of the hairdressers here getting mixed reviews, so just want some more recommendations, besides google which told me Brown Sugar. I get my hair cut and coloured and I like someone with a bit of creativity and who don't treat me like I'm on a conveyer belt. Am I asking too much?

Any help is much appreciated!

Ta-

Back