Good Hairdressers in Dublin

Novice

Hi

I was wondering if any of the ladies out there could recommend a good hairdresser around Dublin City Centre. I have been to most of the well known places but feel that they are only interested in getting people in and out as quickly as possible. I'm looking for a hairdresser who will spend the time giving me the colour/cut I ask and pay for. I am willing to pay for quality.

Thanks.

Thanks, I have got thick hair but more concerned with colour (highlights). Might try her though. I was thinking of giving Reds a go - very expensive but don't care if they are good. Has anyone ever been there?

Hi - have used Gingers on Upper Baggot Street in the past and have been very happy with them.

I believe San Kiev are good too.

Bee

I use Martina in Aidan Fitzgerald in Blackrock for color and I think she is brilliant. On the odd occasion when she hasn't been available and I've gone with someone else I've never been happy. I've been going to her for abou 8 years now and refuse to let anyone else do my color.

I also like that salon as the color section is away from all the hairdryers downstairs so it's nice and peaceful.

I've had various people cut my hair there with mixed results. I think the hair stylist is more of a personal choice. Myself and a few of my friends (all have long straight hair) have been using Steven lately and been very happy although my mom went and wasn't happy at all!

I've booked an appointment with Reds but it is very steep. Thinking if maybe I should cancel it. Will cost €90 for cut and highlights are €80 - 170. Wondering if it is worth it. I don't live far from Blackrock so might give Aidan Fitzgerald a try? Any yexperience with Reds?

Aidan Fitz is also pricey but you get what you pay for in my opinion. No point getting a cheaper cut/color and not being happy.
Good luck!

Mrs Seagull has used Zeba Hairdressing on South William street several times and always been happy.

I've found John Adam on Baggot Street to be good - guy called Derek has given me some really good haircuts. Don't get my hair coloured though so couldn't help there. Pzazz in Powerscourt Townhouse Centre or Stillorgan are also good but can be pricey.

If you take a look at the fashion and beauty discussion boards on www.ivenus.com there are (or were) a few threads on hairdressers.

I can highly recommend the hair cuts at Reds but it is really expensive. You get what you pay for though - and it's a decent, non rushed atmosphere.

Went to Reds. Very happy with cut and colour. Same stylist did everything from washing my hair to the cut and colour and didn't have to deal with a junior doing what the stylist instructed (a pet hate of mine as you pay for the stylists expertise). Great atmosphere, very relaxing. This definitely comes at a price - €270, I was a bit shocked, but hey it was money well spent.

I use Nicola or Tory in HOuse of Colour Abbey St - couldn't recommend enough

I go to Ciaran at Zeba on South William Street and I think he's great. He knows what haircut your hair type can handle so whatever cut you get you should be able to manage it at home.

I only went to Reds once and wasn't impressed, but I might have just caught the stylist on a bad day. Anyone I know who has been there raves about it.

I think Toni and Guy are good on colour, but their hair cuts all seem to be the same.

Went to Reds. Very happy with cut and colour. Same stylist did everything from washing my hair to the cut and colour and didn't have to deal with a junior doing what the stylist instructed (a pet hate of mine as you pay for the stylists expertise). Great atmosphere, very relaxing. This definitely comes at a price - €270, I was a bit shocked, but hey it was money well spent.

Booked with Reds for tomorrow. They are soooooo busy (good sign), could nt get anything- have to give it two goes- 2mrw for the colour and Mon for the cut.

So nervous after big drama at my ex-hairdresser's two months ago !!!
Didn't even ask for the price- just prepared my credit card :)

Thanks for the info .

WELL WELL WELL - for those who wonders "to Reds or not to Reds" here is some info to share.

Had colour and cut done today with a stylist Solenn.

First time since came to Dublin 3 years ago don't feel like crying after my hair done! Tried few different "Peter and Marks", Free Spirit in IFSC, and some smaller private salons- big trauma.

I am brunette getting highlights for years and wouldnt go back dark. My hair is really damaged .

Solenn put gorgeous different colours highlights and gave me a cut and a treatment- the hair looks more volume and healthier and I actually look forward to the work Xmas party!

PS My new look costed me Eur 230 oops wish they had tax credits for hair dressing in Ireland!

I have long dark hair and always come out of the hairdressers crying hence I go about twice a year. I never get a colour but thinking of getting one of those shine treatments and I need a hairdressers that doesn't scalp me - who can you recommend in Reds?

Don't know Reds, however have used Tina at Junaberry on Lower Ormond Quay Ph: 8748909. Tina is one of the owners there and is a brilliant hair dresser...Can't recommend her highly enough!

I have no connection other than being a very satisfied customer.

Looking for a recommendation for a stylist who can cut curly hair - preferably southside Dublin. Like one of the other posters I find the cut and dry process so demoralising I usually come away and have a good cry.

Looking for a recommendation for a stylist who can cut curly hair - preferably southside Dublin. Like one of the other posters I find the cut and dry process so demoralising I usually come away and have a good cry.

Almost Southside, Tina at Junaberry, recommended by me above!

Back