Good area in Navan to live

And if that's not enough to put you off moving to Trim nothing will:p. Point 8.3 - no such place as Batterjohn - I presume it should be Batterstown!
That route is from the AA Route Planner i would say you are right it should be Batterstown.

And if that's not enough to put you off moving to Trim nothing will:p. Point 8.3 - no such place as Batterjohn - I presume it should be Batterstown!

No, Batterjohn does exist, or as AA roadwatch referred to it last Friday when there was a crash there, crossroads at Dunsany Lodge on Trim road.

Just have to say that the amount of people using Ratoath as a short cut through to the N2 means that it isn't a short cut anymore. I say keep Ratoath roads for Ratoath people only!!! No short-cutters allowed.;):)

Well, the M3 should solve all our problems :rolleyes: It will bypass Dunshaughlin so no need to go to Ratoath ;)

Google for Batterjohn show that it does exist. Its part of Dunsany.
Batterstown is much further down the R154 at least 20km, and about 4km from N3 Fairyhouse Cross.

Weird thing happened today. About a year ago I was looking on the net at houses in Kells(was going for a promotion there at the time) and registered for a couple of brochures for new developments. Anway the job fell through and the move to Kells was forgotten about.

Got home from work today and there was a letter from an estate agents wating for me. Following on from my 'interest' last year the estate agents sent me out a brochure for a new development that is launching this weeknd. Cul Ronain in Ballivor in Co Meath. Looking at the houses they seem really nice. Best thing is the price. 5 bedroom detached for 355,000. Just about in my price range. I am seriously considering going up to have a look on Sunday. Anybody familiar with this development? Whats the commute like from Ballivor? Could I drive to a certain point, park my car and get the bus the rest of the way into Dublin?

Ballivor is quite a small town still. It depends what you want. We nearly bought our first home in Ballivor but found a house in Athboy we liked better. We are glad that we are in Athboy and not Ballivor. Lots more shops, pubs, takeaways, facilities etc in Athboy. I don't think there is a gp in Ballivor. I personally would not go to a town smaller than Athboy. Trim and Kells are nice areas with lots to do in them.

Ballivor is quite a small town still. It depends what you want. We nearly bought our first home in Ballivor but found a house in Athboy we liked better. We are glad that we are in Athboy and not Ballivor. Lots more shops, pubs, takeaways, facilities etc in Athboy. I don't think there is a gp in Ballivor. I personally would not go to a town smaller than Athboy. Trim and Kells are nice areas with lots to do in them.

Agree - Ballivor is definately over developed in terms of new estates with little in the way of amenities. In fact it is officially a village. With NEC closing down though I don't know if it means maybe you could pick up a bargain house. Summerhill might be another area to consider. It is approx 10 miles closer to Dub than ballivor.

Personally have gone really off Navan since its population exploded over last 10 years. There is a dreadful apt complex on the river near the centre of town with many unsavoury characters coming in and out of it. There are of course nice areas in navan but the town would not be my cup of tea. Dunboyne rail corrider also due to open over next few years.

Just an update from when I last posted. . . I work in the civil service and last year i decided to apply for decentralisation with a view to moving to either Meath or Cavan.

Anyway last week I got a phone call to say that it is a very definite possibility that I could get to move to Dept of Marine in Cavan by November of this year. Definitely would be there by Feb 09.

With that in mind I decided to look at houses on the Meath/Cavan border. I have gotten a few brochures and a new development in Crossakiel (The Cairns) caught my eye.

The thing is if I moved to Kells (or around that area) I would still have to commute to my present job until I get the transfer to Cavan. If I could sell my house in the next 4 months (Im going to put it up for sale at 10% less than the current prices some houses sold for in my estate in the last couple of weeks for a quick sale) I would then plan to be in Meath.

I dont think I would mind doing the commute thing for up to around 6 months knowing that it wouldnt be forever. I imagine if I left Kells at around 8am I would be in Dublin city centre for around 9.45. Getting home would probably take as long. So what do you guys think? Is Kells and the area around there good for living in? I dont mind if there are no shops etc nearby as I am the type of person who does a big shop once a week so I always have all the basics in (milk, bread etc). Only thing though is that I would want a gym nearby. Nothing fancy just some free weights would be sufficient.

On top of that I go out probably every second Friday after work for a few drinks. There are buses to Kells up to 11pm and even if I miss that bus I could get the night bus to Navan and get a taxi to Kells from there as it is only about 20 minutes away (or I being stupid thinking that?). Any big nights out that I have planned I can always arrange to stay with my parents.

BTW maybe this thread should be retitled to Kells instead of Navan if thats possible.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this

Can't help you much on shops etc in Kells. The only thing I could tell you about is traffic in Navan in the morning. Leaving Kells at 8am would mean you would be in Navan around 8.25 and it could then take you another 15 to 20 minutes to get out of Navan as when school are in - Navan can be a nightmare to get through. I cant see how you would be in Dublin for 9.45am.
So I think you would have to leave Kells at least no later then 7.30am.

It depends were you work in Dublin. If near the bus from Kells could take the bus. There is a bus lane and the bus goes quickly through Blanchardstown. I don't know about Navan though? I think Kells would be a nice place to live. I would prefer it to Navan.

I hate supervalue, i hate super value, I hate supervalue,
I hate supervalue, i hate super value, I hate supervalue

I think you should repeat this excerise and spell Supervalu without the "e"

Happy Easter to you too.
Why do you hate Supervalu so so much? I have shopped there the odd tiime and it seems ok to me. I usually shop in my local Spar less hassle with traffic. I know their prices would be higher then the bigger Supermarkets.

Back