Give Eir a second chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DublinMarket

I joined Eir via an offer last year - it was very good - tv/ bb/ mobile / home phone.

I was indeed very nervous if anything went wrong. The first part was connection with a technician - he said my street connection was frayed and surprised Virgin and other providers could provide me even a basic service with such a bad physical connection.

I survived year 1 and was anxious to see what option for renewal. I was phone for over 4 hours two days last week and didn’t get much satisfaction.

I complained via complaints [email protected] and now I’m very happy with resolution . I’ll be staying with Eir for another year ! And saving a few quid too ..

What's the point their never going to change, once was enough for me back with Vodafone again @€30pm
Though I will say they did introduce me to Prime which has led me to leave Sky after nearly 30 years

I’m saving 250 euro for another year. So I’m winning.

Nice report feature on Carol Ann in yesterday’s Irish times if you need an update on her world Mr G

Some people just want the cheapest deal, others want a better service and will pay a premium - I look for a decent balance between the two, as I want a reliable service, and to know that my supplier will put things right, if they go wrong.

With my criteria in mind, it would take a complete change of ownership and significant investment in Eir's retail service, to include notable investment in customer service staff, before I would even consider them.

I survived year 1 and was anxious to see what option for renewal. I was phone for over 4 hours two days last week and didn’t get much satisfaction.

I complained via complaints [email protected] and now I’m very happy with resolution . I’ll be staying with Eir for another year ! And saving a few quid too ..

So the best part of your experience was the complaints process?! That’ll be good to know when the keep your direct debit going long after you leave!

No way, neveir!

Sorry to hear everyone wants to be an Eir basher.

I just wanted to reflect my positive experience in 2020 and a potential negative became a positive last week.

surprised someone would be annoyed that Eir complaints are very efficient - have you ever tried Virgin - their’s takes months to navigate

I also moved to Eir last year and was very nervous about it because of their reputation. While there were a few hiccups at the start I found their customer service good and got my issue sorted quickly. The wait to get through the first time I called was excessive but when I tried calling at a different time of the day I got a quick answer. Hopefully this means they’re working on providing a better service but we’ll see.
I changed providers because my last provider cut off my broadband, tv and phone because I missed a loyalty call I requested to see if I could get a better deal. They insisted they acted correctly because that’s their process They were just covering up their mistake. I needed my service back urgently and ended up staying with them for an extra year at the time, it was an absolute joke. They only reversed the cancellation when I got them to listen to my call which provedI didn’t request a cancellation. Eir definitely aren’t the only ones with bad service!

Eir are a very good company......when things get sorted .........eventually, for me at least.
So no more whinging about them from me.....at least for another year .

I tried eir last year for broadband but it was so slow, painful to have a work call on it (Dublin). Was forced to switch to Virgin but would happily move back to save money if I thought the connection speed had improved.

I find it a little strange that the original poster felt the need to start a new thread for this, rather than post the comment on the existing Eir thread Here

Didn't like the title of the other thread, perhaps? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back