FYI : Rabo email from New Zealeand

Presumably Rabo have a centralised customer email system based in their Dutch HQ, which also handles email for Ireland and New Zealand. It's very unlikely that customer email addresses were exported to New Zealand. If anyone wants a third party to investigate, they could ask the Irish Data Protection Commissioner, since the data was acquired in Ireland. But I think that would be making a mountain out of a molehill. Rabo made a mistake, and computers make it easy to duplicate small mistakes thousands of times. That's all.

I have an account with Rabo and am becoming a little concerned.

Did anybody notice that recent radio adds were still advertising an interest rate of 5.5% for several days when in fact the rate had risen to 3.6% .This has been rectified in the last couple of days.

These NZ ezines were sent to my personal email address while the email re interest rate increase was only posted on my Rabo online email account.

I'm having second thoughts

Ads were probably booked days or weeks in advance.

still advertising an interest rate of 5.5% for several days when in fact the rate had risen to 3.6%

I'm becoming a little concerned, as you seem to have quoted the wrong rate above.

Ads were probably booked days or weeks in advance.

I'm becoming a little concerned, as you seem to have quoted the wrong rate above.

RTE ran incorrect copy on Monday morning on Morning Ireland on Radio 1. Instead of running the advert with the correct ad at 3.60% they ran old copy with a rate of 3.50% (not 5.5%). Our agency supplied the correct copy instructions to the media house/publishers. It is then the broadcasters repsonsibility to run the correct copy. Suffice to say we were not impressed with the error. On the bright side, it's good to see that people do actually listen to some of our radio ads!

Regards,
RaboDirect

Could be headhunted by Rabo!

If you search the archives you'll see I've given Rabid a fair grilling in the past. I think this thread has gone beyond grilling to roasting.

Back