FTA Satellite from Lidl

This site might be of interest in the context of this thread - lots of useful info about satellites, orientation, channels etc.

Hi Again, just a quick Thank You for all your tips - we finally got it tuned in this evening. We didn't get a chance to try yesterday but about an hours work this evening and we're rolling. Again TY.

Jenny_H said:
Hi Again, just a quick Thank You for all your tips - we finally got it tuned in this evening. We didn't get a chance to try yesterday but about an hours work this evening and we're rolling. Again TY.

Jenny, what was the trick for you in the end? Did you use a finder?

I got mine working on Sunday - I tried the Sat Finder that came with the box but I didn't find it any use (no vol control). I wasn't sure if you would get a picture with it in and it was so much hassel taking it on and off that I tried without it.

I stuck a bar in the ground outside my window and tried from there as I could see the TV and move the dish. I had read that the bar holding the LNB should be horizontal (parallel with the ground) - so I tried this and then moved the dish so that the arm was facing almos South. Strangely, I got 64% siganl but no picture yet I now a have picture with only 58% signal.

I have picked up Astra with BBC1, 2 and 3 and load more mickey mouse channels, but I thought I'd get ITV and Sky news - anyone know what I have to do to get these?

Thanks to everyone for their contributions and their help.

:( hi everyone.....I am another "PROUD" owner of the LIDL Satellite, and as everyone else I had great difficulties in tuning it.... my AIM was to get RAI 1 and I got hotbird but so far no sign of RAI 1 wot's so ever..... any ideas suggestions....heeeeelp

Hi

Have you managed to find Astra ? (Sky etc)

If Yes, then when pointed at Astra, move the dish approx 1 inch to the right, possible 1.5 inches & fingers crossed, you'll be very very close to hotbird :)

Regareds

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

If you get Astra ( digital ) then you will receive RAI I as well.

Back