Friend hassled by politician

do you think my friend has nothing else to do and as i have said several times they have been told several times to keep away. How many times do i have to say that?They have been told several times my friend does not want them approaching the house and does not want their literature or anything to do with them

Also, how could they be at home each time or even know the time

see large text above

JaneDoe - your response is like something a child would write.
It is rude, shouty and totally unnecessary.

This thread is ridiculous. Your friend needs to get over themselves and get a life.

I'm being harassed by myself.

Every morning this face just stares at me from the mirror.

What can I do about this?

Is there any chance that the "politician" isn't a politician. Perhaps a debt collector or something.

None of this makes sense to me with the current story.

Whole thread is a joke.

Someone is upset about flyers.
OP is not being clear on situation then behaving like a child throwing a tantrum when people make reasonable suggestions.

Is it a troll thread?

JaneDoe - your response is like something a child would write.
It is rude, shouty and totally unnecessary.

This thread is ridiculous. Your friend needs to get over themselves and get a life.

Agreed! How on earth is OP expecting advice when we don't know the history and she refuses to tell us? Very, very silly thread.

Think of the thousands being "harrassed" in Gaza and many other parts of the world right now...it hardly compares to a few leaflets now, does it? :rolleyes:

Lads, give the OP a chance. I think you have all forgotten that members of both Fianna Fail AND Sinn Fein are classed as politicians too. Sure how would you like it if someone of that ilk were contacting you?:(

Well if it's linked to that it's a lot more serious. Jane Doe unless you specifically state what it is exactly is bothering your friend it is impossible to help you. I now assume a particuler person who your friend has an issue with persists on using the excuse of flyers to visit your friends house and this is harrasment. If you re read all your posts on this thread you will see how the story you originally posted makes no sense to us and this makes people frustrated.

Lads, give the OP a chance. I think you have all forgotten that members of both Fianna Fail AND Sinn Fein are classed as politicians too. Sure how would you like it if someone of that ilk were contacting you?:(

Contacting in the case of leaflets that all houses seem to recieve.
I get this all the time, and as others have stated, I just throw them in the bin to recycle them.

you could always gather them all up, include any other crap mail, and post it back to them. Better still, 'forget' the stamp ;)

I don't see why people should tell the OP to get a life etc and accept leaflets as a fact of life.
A person is entitled not to have persons entering onto their property and inserting litter (I would class leaflets as litter) into their letterbox. An Post do deliver leaflets on behalf of many businesses and politicians. I have simply requested An Post not to deliver advertising or political messages to my home. An Post do not have a problem with my request.

I would suggest a registered letter of complaint to the person concerned and request that they refrain from sending leaflets to your address.

I never knew that you could tell An Post not to deliver, I thought you just had to accept it as the OP said they wouldnt be around every time the delivery person came by.

Most of TDs political literature is delivered by party members or members of the local cumann. You could always ring Leinster House and ask to speak to the TD in question - when the house resumes after the Christmas holidays!!!! YOu will initially be put through to his/her secretary so make sure that the message is passed to the TD, and either the secretary or the TD will have the name of the cumann members and should pass on your request. Give them your instructions (after all they work for you:D) and remind them that canvassing will disqualify. With the local council elections due to take place in June they really should aim to please!!!!. If they don't listen to you in relation to what might be considered a small matter how can they be relied upon to listen to you in relation to anything. If they don't hear what you are saying just don't vote for them or their party councillors. Their loss in the end.

Cheers

A friend of mine is continually having flyers from a politician he told to stay away from his home. What can he do. They are delivered by people working for the politician who probably does not know he is there they are just doing house deliveries in the aera. Is the politician responsible for the people who are delivering?
Personally, i think this post is ridiculous. Put the flyer in the bin, whats the big deal. He/She must have little to worry about if this is whats keeping them awake at night.

Simple solution Jane Doe place recycle bin at front door with politicians name in large print on bin ,with request to put all his literature in bin .lets have some support for Jane Doe

Simple solution Jane Doe place recycle bin at front door with politicians name in large print on bin ,with request to put all his literature in bin .lets have some support for Jane Doe

haha!! brilliant solution!

we are obviously not getting to hear the background to WHY the politician is unwelcome at this person's house. It doesn't matter really because if they have been asked to stay away then i can understand why the person would be annoyed with receiving literature from them.

as for free recycling.. not every part of the country has this facility available to them. we pay for ours.

Back