Free software and tech support links

I've used Fresh Download for a number of years and found it very good. The latest version does prompt you to Register(no payment just give your email) but if get your firewall to block the update process you won't be annoyed by it (I think this is correct but I haven't tested it fully so this may not be a solution!)

Even still, with registration I've found it very good and very quick

It also has a handy "minimise" option that leaves the download icon on the top of every web page and you can just drag and drop into the icon for downloading. It can also be set up as your default download application.

Note: the downloads on that language link have stalled on me more then once when starting, try a few minutes later and they'll work.

You'll have to buy this after a trial but possibly one of the most useful pieces of software Ive come across in a while. maimojo [broken link removed]. It works like predictive text on your mobile except it plugs in to notepad. full dictionary and it learns from your writing, if anyone here frequently replies to posts (Im sure theres 1 or 2), it should shorten your response times.

I cant see how much it is after the trial period, still, someone may get use of it.

[broken link removed]

Lets you access all utilities in windows from one window. Built for XP but most of the utilities are available across all Ms platforms.

image viewer called , been playing with this for the last day or so. very nice. Just a viewer no editing features. follow the install instructions and it does take a few seconds when you open it for the open image dialog box to open. Watch the video on the home page for uses.

I don't car does any real work at all!!! He just sits on the net testing freeware for AAMers :)

[broken link removed]

Lets you access all utilities in windows from one window. Built for XP but most of the utilities are available across all Ms platforms.

Lovely, Car! One thing though, I wonder why do they have apostrophies all over the place?....window's in a box, function's, other folder's etc.....strange!

very nice, if you have multiple updates it might have been nice if they gave you a checkbox to pick and choose to auto download all, rather then having to click on each.

I've mentioned Gizmo Richards' Tech Support Alert website before but just to reiterate it contains some very useful to free software and tech support sites and you can also register for a very informative free tech support newsletter that is sent out from time to time. For example, if AAM contributors can't provide the answer to your tech support problem then it might be worth trying some of the support sites listed. Hope this helps.
Thanks Clubman,very good and handy site for all.

Back