FF Ministers for Agriculture

If he doesn't resign who is going to sack him ? I don't see him resigning .

What do you mean? sure Ireland has a different green list to most of Europe, by and large the rest of europe is only imposing quarantines on countries outside of Europe with exceptions for UK and Spain when they had the big upsurges. The irish quarantine is just a big joke especially as we have no "red list"

The Green List was an EU concept, but each country draws up its own list.

The restrictiveness of one country’s list over another is irrelevant.

The fact that it was Ireland he visited, in a way, is also irrelevant.

It would be contemptuous for an EU commissioner to travel to any EU member state or any other country and say in an interview on that country’s state television that he/she does not accept its Covid 19 quarantine requirements.

The only person who can sack him is Ursula von der Leyen as president of the EU Commission by asking for his resignation.
Effectively the same way a Taoiseach sacks a cabinet member.

Article 247

(ex Article 216 TEC)

If any Member of the Commission no longer fulfils the conditions required for the performance of his duties or if he has been guilty of serious misconduct, the Court of Justice may, on application by the Council acting by a simple majority or the Commission, compulsorily retire him.

or the Head of the Commision can sack him

I am gong to stick my neck out - Ursula will not stand by Hogan. Whether that means an outright sacking, not so sure, but presumably she has learnt not to ask him to “consider his position”.

"When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him, Pilate saith onto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. The Jews answered him, We have a law and by our law he ought to die"

explains a lot of what is happening now , the mob and the mob leaders want him crucified but Pilate (ursula) can see no fault but to satisfy the baying mob she will adhere and crucify him. It didn't end well for the Jews as the Romans not too long afterwards ransacked Jerusalem

Last edited:
"When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him, Pilate saith onto them, Take he him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. The Jews answered him, We have a law and by our law he ought to die"

explains a lot of what his happening now , the mob and the mob leaders want him crucified but Pilate (ursula) can see no fault but to satisfy the baying mob she will adhere and crucify him. It didn't end well for the Jews as the Romans not too long afterwards ransacked Jerusalem
If you are going to quote fiction can you at least quote Shakespeare?

"When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him, Pilate saith onto them, Take ye him, and crucify him: for I find no fault in him. The Jews answered him, We have a law and by our law he ought to die"

explains a lot of what is happening now , the mob and the mob leaders want him crucified but Pilate (ursula) can see no fault but to satisfy the baying mob she will adhere and crucify him. It didn't end well for the Jews as the Romans not too long afterwards ransacked Jerusalem

So Phil Hogan is like the Son of God??? (Apparently I can't use the 'J' word) Well I knew he was arrogant but still.......

So Phil Hogan is like the Son of God??? (Apparently I can't use the 'J' word) Well I knew he was arrogant but still.......
What, in that he thinks he's something special but all evidence suggests otherwise?

Resigning is too good for him.
I vote we proceed straight to the crucifixion option.
I didn't realise that was available, must be some quick of the modern Holy Roman Empire.
Hanging or the guillotine obviously wouldn't work with the brass neck on him.

Resigning is too good for him.
I vote we proceed straight to the crucifixion option.
I didn't realise that was available, must be some quick of the modern Holy Roman Empire.
Hanging or the guillotine obviously wouldn't work with the brass neck on him.
Marvellous people the romans. Nail some sense into him, that's what I say.

If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table.

Gone baby gone...

PHIL HOGAN IS to resign from his role as EU Commissioner for Trade tonight in the wake of the Golfgate scandal and questions about his movements while in Ireland

Perhaps we should run a golf outing to raise funds seeing as he will be financially impacted by this announcement :eek:

Perhaps we should run a golf outing to raise funds seeing as he will be financially impacted by this announcement :eek:

He'll probably have terrible trouble getting refunds for all the flights he had booked too...

Ok then two outings so .....At least he won the longest drive in the last one , which he will never forget...

Back