FF Ministers for Agriculture

Apparently he is going to resign. I hope the attendees are self isolating too.

Phil Hogan flew in from brussels for the event ... no mention of him quarantining either.

Seemingly it technically did not breech the guidelines since it was held in 2 rooms. Regardless of that, he was an utter plonker to attend.

Somewhere in Ireland today a priest is telling a family that they can't have more then 50 people at a funeral, there are events and memorial masses queued up to happen left right and centre and people are doing the decent thing and not having them,

Oireachtas Golf society should be scrapped as a result of this and if there was an election next week, that event has probably handed power to the Shinners.

What a bunch of self centering arrogant.............

Phil Hogan flew in from brussels for the event ... no mention of him quarantining either.
If this is true then surely Phil Hogan should be the next in line now that Dara has resigned? It was a really poor judgement call by Calleary but I believe his genuine apology.
Hogan on the other hand is just brazenly flouting the mandatory requirement to restrict his movements for 14 days on top of the decision to attend an indoor event that is prohibited. The arrogance of the man...

One rule for some and another rule for the rest of us . But this has always been the case and it will never change no matter who is in power.

I just find the whole thing extremely funny. EU Commissioners, Supreme Court Judges, Government Ministers, Senators.........All brought down by one of the most boring events in the social calendar. A golf society dinner....

It is the arrogance of it. Look how clever we are with a partition wall.....

If the present Government carries on like they are at the moment , Sinn Fein WILL be in power next time , god help us

The only problem is that with this new righteousness associated with ministers and covid we end up with totally incompetent inexperienced but goody two shoes ministers, Norma Foley being a case in point she ticks all the politically correct boxes but is totally out of her depth as minister for education, she is depending on Michael Martin to do the heavy lifting for her

The only problem is that with this new righteousness associated with ministers and covid we end up with totally incompetent inexperienced but goody two shoes ministers, Norma Foley being a case in point she ticks all the politically correct boxes but is totally out of her depth as minister for education, she is depending on Michael Martin to do the heavy lifting for her

I don't really understand the criticism of Norma Foley. She has been quiet but I think people are just waiting for her to mess up which is strange. She has one of the hardest briefs in the short term with the leaving cert results and getting schools re-opened. If she has been quiet because she has been getting on top of her brief then I think that is a good thing. I will give her a pass for now. Stephen Donnolly however.....A living example of being articulate doesn't mean you are intelligent....

This is exceptionally poor if true:

A person staying at the hotel with his family told The Irish Times he saw no evidence of social distancing when he witnessed the attendees arriving.
“No masks. No distancing,” said the witness who asked that his name not be used.
“At the reception people were being introduced to each other and shaking hands. No distancing and no masks. We were flabbergasted.”

Clare Byrne should interview Sean O'Rourke.
And while I'm on the subject, good riddance to Sarah. Just in the job a wet week and she pulls someone up for speaking ill of the dead - Bobby Storey. Not that she is an IRA fellow traveller, just naive and totally over promoted.

Last edited:
Surely the organizers of this event should be the first to be publicly censured.

The invitations were issued by the society’s captain, Independent TD Noel Grealish, and its president, former Fianna Fáil senator Donie Cassidy.

Surely the organizers of this event should be the first to be publicly censured.

The invitations were issued by the society’s captain, Independent TD Noel Grealish, and its president, former Fianna Fáil senator Donie Cassidy.
As the organisers, they should be prosecuted under the law.
Also, who the hell voted for Noel Grealish to be Club Captain?

That is right, they are falling apart and the schools have not even opened yet or the leaving cert results have not been announced , another upcoming disaster but I could be wrong.

I can understand an individual doing something stupid. It happens.

But how did 82 people do something so stupid? Surely they must have known that this was the wrong thing to do?

I heard some guy on the radio saying that the hotel had been assured by the Irish Hotels Federation that their proposed layout was ok. That does not make it ok.

Even if the local Gardai had given their approval, it would still have been the wrong thing to do.

I would like to hear from some politician who turned down the invitation because it was wrong. It particular, someone who played golf on the day but did not attend the dinner.

Brendan

Back