Expenses against rental income

Do you not look up the disputes list as part of your vetting of new tenants? Would you not like if the names of all tenants who stopped paying their rent were published there so that you could avoid them for future lettings?

How on earth Leo could one hope to do that when you'd have to go into each individual dispute. In any case most of my tenants are there for years so I've no need.

And yes I'd love such a list. But I'm sure that would fall foul of Data Protection or something like Human rights.

If the RTB took court cases for landlords I'd support the RTB. Instead I and others fund them for no benefit. But we all know why the RTB does not take tenants to court.

Yep, pretty easy to prove you've not received the rent for months. And then what?
Then you get an RTB judgement. This will increase the probability, though not guarantee, that you will get any money back at all.

There is also the public good aspect, which has been well explained.

How on earth Leo could one hope to do that when you'd have to go into each individual dispute. In any case most of my tenants are there for years so I've no need.

And yes I'd love such a list. But I'm sure that would fall foul of Data Protection or something like Human rights.

You literally put a potential tenant's name into this database to see if it appears.

In Ireland it is much, much easier to find out if someone has a bad record as a tenant than to discover a criminal record or a poor credit history.

You literally put a potential tenant's name into this database to see if it appears.

In Ireland it is much, much easier to find out if someone has a bad record as a tenant than to discover a criminal record or a poor credit history.
Wow, that brill. I hadn't looked on there for years. They've really improved it. Very impressed. Thank you very much. And well done the RTB.

Brilliant. I didn't know that could be done. Thank you for the link.

Indeed, my sentiments too. Two very pleased landlords today. And praising the RTB too !!

Isn't AAM fantastic sometimes.

Last edited:
Then you get an RTB judgement. This will increase the probability, though not guarantee, that you will get any money back at all.

There is also the public good aspect, which has been well explained.

Right so, you, eventually, get your RTB decision, you know what happens next don't you?

Right so, you, eventually, get your RTB decision, you know what happens next don't you?

That's why I couched it in probabilistic terms.

An RTB judgement will increase the chances of a landlord getting the unpaid rent, but not ensure it.

Back