Ex-wife wont allow me me to collect possessions from family Home

in my last post, what i said was of coarse just my opinion and may be wrong, but that is just my feeling on it.

Just out of own interest - how are these letters served? Per registered post?

If by standard post, is there not a chance ex removed letter before he got a chance seeing it? Hence the whole Gardai event....

Section 10 of the 1996 act states "Oral communication to the respondent by or on behalf of the applicant of the fact that a safety order, barring order, interim barring order or protection order has been made, together with production of a copy of the order, shall, without prejudice to the sufficiency of any other form of notification, be taken to be sufficient notification to the respondent of the making of the order."

it appears that the Gardai advise the original poster... It's my understanding that summonses under the act and the Orders can be served by ordinary post. It's not perfect but I suppose a lot of respondents in cases like this may refuse registered post and then plead that they were not aware of the Order or Summons...

The local guards had contacted me over the phone, at the time i was in company and couldnt really talk or listen to him, but had agreed to call in to him the next day, the next day before i got in to the guards station i was arrested,

My goodness, don't understand on something so serious why you didn't go immediately to the Garda station to find out what was going on?

Bronte, i would of gone straight to the guards, on the day in question i was in a hospice with my terninally ill friend whom i had made a promise too. he passed away 3 days later,

My apologies theLegend I had incorrectly assumed you were in a pub and couldn't be bothered.

Not sure how one can undo an order that you agreed to unless you are allowed appeal it.

If your wife is telling lies, and I still find it extraordinary that a judge will so easily continue a barring order without some evidence (though it seems the fact that the wife has made many complaints to the gardai, is this enough? without any other evidence?), it seems to me that you have to calmly and clearly object to the continuation. If she says you are being abusive in telephone calls as previously advised have proof that this is not so. You have to play by the rule book no matter now angry, bitter etc you are. You will not gain anything by retaliating and it will only make things worse all around, especially for children. A good solicitor should advise you of your rights. You asked for specific advice on getting your good back but this story needs a professional and you must realise that you somehow have to get the money to pay for that advice. For example you seem to be paying for everything and it looks to me like you need to look at divorce and maintenance.

And because there are two sides to every argument, she must be awfully awfully cross with you to be doing this.

How do you know your wife has been to the gardai with bogus complaints so many times, can you refute them? Have you proof they are not true. Michelle in particular seemed to give advice on going to court and asking for your possessions back. Also the organisations for men Amen etc will have a wealth of experience in cases where wife's are lying. You need some kind of support, mental support is very important, particularly for the mind games, don't underestimate it. But in all cases be calm and don't do anything rash.

Thank you Bronte, the guards have told me themselves that she is in and out all the time, and too quote 1 guard, he said it appears that she is trying to put together a case file to have the order extended

Do you know exactly what her complaints are and can you refute them? Can you tell us the complaints, you really need to know exactly what the complaints are if you are going to be able to defend yourself. Have you hired a solicitor? Get a good one, take a trip to your local court and see which solicitor is good and hire that one.

she claims i swore at my child using the f word, and that i was forceful in my speach and that my child would be seeing a lot more of me as i would be moving home soon, then, she is simply going into the garda station when i call my children, she records every conversation, and the calls are always on loud speaker which makes it difficulf to hear my children.

thanks for all your help guys, i have now given up, its no good the laws in this country are all in favour of females, no justice for fathers, i have given up,

That's very sad thelegend that you've given up. It is not true to say that the laws are all for females and it saddens me that you feel that way. Did you try one of the male organisations, they will empathise with your case and should be able to help you. You should never, no matter what, give up where children are concerned. Nothing can take them away from you.

Back