EU and Japan to sign historic trade deal

Discussion in 'Economic issues' started by TheBigShort, Jul 17, 2018.

1. TheBigShort

TheBigShort Frequent Poster

Very much on topic.
    I think that is what Vradakar was alluding to when he spoke of EU taking back its skies. Apparently such talk is a 'threat' to UK, but not allowing Irish fishing vessels into UK waters is not a threat?
    Of course, when the Farage's and Johnsons et al are brought to the table of real politik and pragmatism they will realise that to have their cake and eat it, that in negotiation compromise is King, that 'trade' is a two-way street.

2. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

In my opinion May is the weakest PM in the last 30 years and yet she is still a far better option than the scheming, imperialist, populist, spineless toad that is Boris Johnson. He personifies and epitomises everything about Englishness that I dislike. I have no problem with his privileged upbringing; Cameron had that and he is a decent person. I have no problem with his bumbling persona. It is that English Nationalism, wrapped in bombast and wistfully looking back as a glorious past that I despise.
    That was the past of squalour and racism and the most appalling sexism. That was the past of Empire and invasion and subjugation. It was the past where a privileged few, those of Johnson's stock, where being a corpulent bumbling bigot was the norm, not the description of the pretender.

BS is 100% correct to ask what on Earth the UK is looking for when in reality they won't be getting any deals that are better than the ones they have now. They have jumped off the edge of the mountain in the hope that someday soon they might be able to climb back to the top of a different mountain which is exactly the same height.

But it will be their mountain and there won't be any foreigners on it.

TheBigShort and Swyper like this.
  3. RETIRED2017

RETIRED2017 Frequent Poster

I think her timing is good she left them sitting inside the tent thinking if they did nothing the UK would finish up with a hard Brexit I suspect she managed them out of there jobs
    without splitting her party any more than it is already and will finish up with a soft Brexit in the long run ,

4. dub_nerd

dub_nerd Frequent Poster

What gives you the idea that BoJo is anything like that? I don't warm to him personally, but he says he wants an open, forward-looking UK, not a backward looking, sexist, racist one. What do you have against him other than his accent probably sounds like a colonel from some movie you saw about the Amritsar Massacre? Is that not a bit bigoted in itself?

5. odyssey06

odyssey06 Frequent Poster

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    I think the nation that produced the specimen that is Brian Cowen throwing out lines about foreign politicians being corpulent and bumbling is a bit of a stones in glass houses moment. Johnson was a very capabale 21st century Mayor of London. I see more bigotry in what you are saying than in Johnson.
    The head of the EU is a corrupt drunk for what it's worth but I don't use that to make general insults about Luxemburgians - after all they got rid of Juncker when his corruption became too blatant.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    T McGibney likes this.
  6. TheBigShort

TheBigShort Frequent Poster

Step 1 - close borders to Europeans.:rolleyes:

Is that how he views the EU?

7. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Things like this and this.
    All to that his Imperialistic rhetoric and ridiculous attempts to re-cast himself as a latter day Churchill.
    He's very funny and quite smart but not a person to hold real power.

8. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Why? Just because we had one that doesn't mean BJ isn't one as well.

9. RETIRED2017

Looks like you are wasting your time talking about the also ran May was in control all along David Boris are Toast after May showed they were never in control of there own Department Today,

10. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

I like punctuation. It's one of those things you don't appreciate until it's not there.

Leo likes this.
  11. RETIRED2017

Some times it can make you blind and you don't notice,

12. Leo

Leo Moderator

There has never been a case where the presence of correct punctuation has clouded the message, indeed it generally helps make sense of the otherwise incomprehensible.

13. T McGibney

T McGibney Frequent Poster

I stopped here:
    He wasn't far wrong.

14. RETIRED2017

sometimes it can can make you blind and you don't notice,

15. Leo

Leo Moderator

No, usually just discourages people from reading

16. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Punctuation can change the meaning of a sentence;

"I helped my uncle Jack, off a horse."

Firefly and RETIRED2017 like this.
  17. Sunny

Sunny Frequent Poster

You helped your uncle Jack kill a horse??!! Why!

18. RETIRED2017

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Stop doing everything yourself and start letting people help youo_O,

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  19. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

It's a long story; He had a stroke and wanted to die but he had a dream and, well, use your imagination.

20. Firefly

Firefly Frequent Poster

:D:D:D:D