Employer contacted recruitment agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my thinking. I have already handed in my notice so they really failed there.

The handling by both recruitment agency and employer seems to have been particularly crass.
It would be one thing if you had been placed there by the recruitment agency and they said they had a general policy of removing you from client database in such circumtsances, but for this to have been dictated by your employer then it is a whole other ball game.

i dont really see what the issue is, if i was someone paying a recruitment co a lot of fees i wouldnt want any of my staff being approached by them for other roles, and would feel within my rights to come to that arrangement with them, you are over reacting.

Then the recruitment agency should have that as a declared, general upfront policy. The recruitment agency had zero right to discuss this data with the employer without the data owner's consent. The employer has zero right to know which of its employees are engaged with the recruitment agency.

The handling by both recruitment agency and employer seems to have been particularly crass.
It would be one thing if you had been placed there by the recruitment agency and they said they had a general policy of removing you from client database in such circumtsances, but for this to have been dictated by your employer then it is a whole other ball game.

Just to note I wasn't placed in the role by this agent. I never been placed in any role by this agency.

I am sure it happened and I am also sure the agent didn't send my CV into my employer. I have it from multiple sources it was cold call from the employer to the recruiter.

So does that mean you have actual evidence - someone was present when the employer made the call or when the agent took the call, someone was told by the employer/agent that it happened or is just a case of multiple people think it happened? There is a very big difference.

Destroying a relationship (employer or fellow employee) that might be useful to you at some later sage, just because everyone was sure someone did something, by not be a great idea. And defaming an agent because everyone was so sure, might have financial consequences as well.

This one seems to be very short on facts and long on conjecture .

I have already handed in my notice so they really failed there.

Did you hand in your notice over just this issue? Without raising it with your employer? It sounds to me as if you had bigger issues.

Some companies who have preferred supplier agreements with recruitment agencies have it as a condition that they will not approach their staff.

Brendan

Some companies who have preferred supplier agreements with recruitment agencies have it as a condition that they will not approach their staff.
Brendan

If that's the case, then both the employer and the agency need to make employees aware of that policy. Step 1 should be the manager approaching the employee and explaining that, not calling the agency to remove someone from their books. I would say a manager who behaves like that is severely lacking in basic cop-on, and would quite possibly not be someone you really wanted to be working for.

So does that mean you have actual evidence - someone was present when the employer made the call or when the agent took the call, someone was told by the employer/agent that it happened or is just a case of multiple people think it happened? There is a very big difference.

Destroying a relationship (employer or fellow employee) that might be useful to you at some later sage, just because everyone was sure someone did something, by not be a great idea. And defaming an agent because everyone was so sure, might have financial consequences as well.

This one seems to be very short on facts and long on conjecture .

Without going into too much detail I am 100% sure this happened.

Did you hand in your notice over just this issue? Without raising it with your employer? It sounds to me as if you had bigger issues.

Brendan
I wouldn't have signed up with a recruitment agency if I was 100% happy in my job. I wanted a change but this left me no option. I have been treated like a child. I am employed to do a certain job which I do and not once have I being pulled up on my work. Outside of the tasks I am assigned and away from the office they have no control over what I can and can't do.

Just to be clear, I approached the agency not the other way around. I seriously doubt there are any agreements in place although I may be wrong. If there was the agency should have made this clear from the start.

If that's the case, then both the employer and the agency need to make employees aware of that policy. Step 1 should be the manager approaching the employee and explaining that, not calling the agency to remove someone from their books. I would say a manager who behaves like that is severely lacking in basic cop-on, and would quite possibly not be someone you really wanted to be working for.

Exactly, I cannot work for that manager again when they obviously think they can make personal decisions on my behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back