Electronic photo frame

babydays

I'm looking for a kind of digital/electronic photos viewer that I once saw when passing through an airport. It looks like an ordinary photo frame but you can load up your digital photos onto it and it displays them in rotation (or whichever way you choose).

I was looking on pixmania but the closest I could find was

essentially an expensive photo viewer.

Anyone know what I'm talking about - or seen where to get one?:cool:

That looks like one helluva expensive gadget for browsing your pix on a tiddly little screen... (3.8" diagonal?) :confused:

What would you use it for?

Yes, madly expensive. The one I saw I thought was for around E100 or maybe a bit more.

It was an alternative to a standard photo frame that could show photos as a slide show - so, yes, you wouldn't want to pay much more for it.

I'm not even sure which airport I saw it in. I posted this message 'cos my father-in-law is visiting at the mo' and we were talking about tech stuff and he mentioned it as well as something he saw in the past and wants to get a hold off. He also had the recollection of that price range.

Just to clarify - the pixmania offering is not what I was looking for but the closest I could find on-line. The thing I'm looking for is simply like a rather large photo frame that you put on your mantelpiece and it presents your various digital photos as a pre-programmed slide show.

Just an idea - you can use photos on your hard drive as your screen saver. It displays the photos in a random order. I now put a copy of every photo i take into this folder - must be hundreds now. Kids love it - especially the random order in which they appear. Holiday photos appear invariably followed by the comment " hey, i rememebr that ..............."

Amazon has a large selection of digital photo frames with reviews. A returned a lot of hits also. And this is the first time I've heard about such a gadget - AAM again enriches my life! :D

babydays said:

Nokia do one of these as well - the , which is optimised for Nokia phones - you transfer the images from the phone.

However, I understand the the battery life is not great and the resolution is poor - only VGA. Also the image is not as sharp as a photo (of course) and can not be viewed from a wide angle (being older LCD technology)

I could not figure out from the review of the item below if it suffers from the same disadvantages.

Has anyone bought one of these electronic photo frames recently or seen any good offers for them online?

Any recommendations or warnings on brands would be appreciated !

hey dude, i saw them for sale in Dixon around €120, good to impress the in-laws though!

Haven't used them but Komplett.ie doesn't seem to have any good offers. They range in price from €90 up to €280 on Pixmania. . You will still get it in time for xmas if you order in the next 2 days.

Ensure that you're format is supported & check the accessories included secition if you want extras like a remote control etc...

The telefunken 7" looks nice to me.

Great gadgets, who wants to be sitting huddled around a laptop looking at photos when you can load the photos on to one of these.
Loads of them on Ebay, bought two recently from a seller in Hong Kong. Both were under 20 euro. The better one has slots for SD/USB/MMC cards and a remote control, cheaper one only has an SD slot. Shipping by DHL cost me 50 Euro though.....still.. saved a few bob. As one of the earlier posters said you can do a loop slide show and set the interval to 5/10/30 secs 1/5/10 mins (good for dinner parties, family gatherings) or just have it display a different favourite photo each day.

Great gadgets, who wants to be sitting huddled around a laptop looking at photos when you can load the photos on to one of these.
Loads of them on Ebay, bought two recently from a seller in Hong Kong. Both were under 20 euro. The better one has slots for SD/USB/MMC cards and a remote control, cheaper one only has an SD slot. Shipping by DHL cost me 50 Euro though.....still.. saved a few bob. As one of the earlier posters said you can do a loop slide show and set the interval to 5/10/30 secs 1/5/10 mins (good for dinner parties, family gatherings) or just have it display a different favourite photo each day.

20 squid sounds simply too good to be true. What's the resolution?

The Philips ones - as mentioned on Pixmania/Komplett below - are very good but pricey.

The most significant disadvantage is that they really need to be plugged in all the time as the battery life is very short.

20 squid sounds simply too good to be true. What's the resolution?

The Philips ones - as mentioned on Pixmania/Komplett below - are very good but pricey.

The most significant disadvantage is that they really need to be plugged in all the time as the battery life is very short.

480x234

a quick peruse for something similar in Pixmania ands I see a Telefunken 7'' for €142 ! mine are mains powers which is a bit of a drawback as they need to be near a socket.

Came across this site recently:[broken link removed] - it has a wide range of attractive picture frames (including 'wooden' ones) - 7"s €58 to 10"s - €162. Does anybody have any experience of dealing with this website?

Back