election 2020 trump v who

With the coronavirus going global, and the leading candidates all over 70... I am remembered of the disaster that befell the Whig Party when William Henry Harison died 31 days into his term, and was succeeded by John Tyler who proceeded to adopt a totally different agenda to Harrison - especially in relation to the annexation of Mexico. Many historians draw a line of causation to the Civil War from the annexation to Mexico, due to the number of new slave states it added to the Union.

VP pick important in this election!

With one attendee at CPAC a confirmed coronavirus case, and 2 members of Congress self-isolating, this may have an effect on the Presidency. Both members of Congress (Matt Gaetz, Doug Collins) were in the company of President Trump at the weekend. Gaetz travelled back to Washington DC on Air Force One.

Hilary Clinton is still 120.00 on betfair exchanges, can anybody explain why?

Ive got my tin foil hat on now. Is it possible that she runs for VP?
Given that Biden is showing signs of dementia, is there a window of opportunity for HC?
Ive taken a €2 stake @ 120 in any case.

Hilary Clinton is still 120.00 on betfair exchanges, can anybody explain why?

Ive got my tin foil hat on now. Is it possible that she runs for VP?
Given that Biden is showing signs of dementia, is there a window of opportunity for HC?
Ive taken a €2 stake @ 120 in any case.
Robert Kennedy was assassinated during his campaign as was his brother in office. Jo carries the same risks being an RC himself. Also at 77 and showing signs of early dementia (not to mention the CV) November is a bit away for Jo. There is therefore a small but not negligible chance of some calamity befalling Jo and HC might be the only option for a replacement. However betting on such developments seems a tad in bad taste. The Donald trading at evens.

Last edited:
Robert Kennedy was assassinated during his campaign as was his brother in office. Jo carries the same risks being an RC himself. Also at 77 and showing signs of early dementia (not to mention the CV) November is a bit away for Jo. There is therefore a small but not negligible chance of some calamity befalling Jo and HC might be the only option for a replacement. However betting on such developments seems a tad in bad taste. The Donald trading at evens.

Ah, just when I had put my tin foil hat away....!
I certainly wasn't thinking along the lines of assassination, but more on the lines of US Constitution and the Presidents incapacity to do the job.
I find it staggering that Biden is looking like the nominee. The man is clearly experiencing the onset of dementia. Anyone from Warren, Harris, Gabbard, Yang, and more would clearly be more capable of at least giving Trump some run for his money?
Trump will slam-dunk this guy. Not just because of his deteriorating mental faculties, but also because the more I learn about him, the more corrupt he is.

Which leads me to consider that there are other forces at play here that are propelling Biden to be democratic nominee.
All is not well in the US elections, and certainly not in the Democratic party.

Ah, just when I had put my tin foil hat away....!
I certainly wasn't thinking along the lines of assassination, but more on the lines of US Constitution and the Presidents incapacity to do the job.
I find it staggering that Biden is looking like the nominee. The man is clearly experiencing the onset of dementia. Anyone from Warren, Harris, Gabbard, Yang, and more would clearly be more capable of at least giving Trump some run for his money?
Trump will slam-dunk this guy. Not just because of his deteriorating mental faculties, but also because the more I learn about him, the more corrupt he is.

Which leads me to consider that there are other forces at play here that are propelling Biden to be democratic nominee.
All is not well in the US elections, and certainly not in the Democratic party.
The suggestion that Sanders could win more votes than Biden is utterly lacking in credibility.
No matter who the Democrats put up out of the field of nutters, nobodies and had-been's they wouldn't have anything approaching a good candidate.
The only thing that can stop Trump is the economic fallout from Covid-19 and an oil price war between Russia and Saudi.

The suggestion that Sanders could win more votes than Biden is utterly lacking in credibility.

Well, you certainly appear to have greater insight than most on this. Only up to a couple of weeks ago, Sanders was the clear front-runner in the polls (by double-digits).
This being his second attempt at nomination, polling 43% of delegates at the last attempt, and being of sound coherent mind, I was hoping he would make the breakthrough.
But the Democratic Party has, instead, thrown its weight behind a prospective puppet in waiting.

Can you post a link to your source ? Given that Sanders kept in the race with HRC all the way to the Convention in 2016, an exit from a two horse race in March seems unlikely.

In 2016 he was doing quite well on pledged delegates. This time around he is not. And he is losing "must win" states in terms of getting to the convention with enough pledged delegates.

He is having a significant problem getting his vote out - has been for a while. He has a very ardent base but he is having less success bringing out new or younger voters. And his strategy (including his electability arguement for the general) was that the wave of new voters he would attract would be larger than the moderate voters Biden might bring back to the Democrats. But the numbers don't seem to be working for him

Can you post a link to your source ? Given that Sanders kept in the race with HRC all the way to the Convention in 2016, an exit from a two horse race in March seems unlikely.

You are probably correct, my misinterpretation - a news conference is being called later today. It may be more to do with cancelling rallies because of coronavirus rather than quitting.

Well, you certainly appear to have greater insight than most on this. Only up to a couple of weeks ago, Sanders was the clear front-runner in the polls (by double-digits).
This being his second attempt at nomination, polling 43% of delegates at the last attempt, and being of sound coherent mind, I was hoping he would make the breakthrough.
But the Democratic Party has, instead, thrown its weight behind a prospective puppet in waiting.
Strong support within the Democratic Party membership is one thing. Getting the middle 20% of the electorate is a different thing. He's America's Corbyn; strong support from within his base but couldn't win an election in a fit.

I'm simply referring to the facts. Many of their key members were, and probably still are, members of a terrorist organisation what killed children. Ergo they are child killers.

Maybe you could rotate the terms so it's not as tedious to the more sensitive? Like child murderers one week, cop killers the next week, then bank robbers, fuel smugglers, money launderers, etc....

Maybe you could rotate the terms so it's not as tedious to the more sensitive? Like child murderers one week, cop killers the next week, then bank robbers, fuel smugglers, money launderers, etc....
Where does financial fantasists fit in to that list though?
How about front for foreign terrorist organisation?

If I preface them with Good Republican would that help?
"Good Republican child killers" Is that better?

Reactions: Leo
Am I the only one who is getting fed up with your constant use of the term "child killers" to refer to Sinn Fein, give it a rest.

You don't like them, we get it.
You may not be the only one. But I am for sure not with you. Any unqualified reference to these justifiers of sectarian murder only lends to a process of normalising their obscene moral compass. I have followed your posts with interest and they generally seem reasonable. It is disappointing to see that you would support the normalising of the SF/RA message.

Mike Pence is 60.
Clean living and This post will be deleted if not edited immediately have kept him looking young and spritely.

Mike Pence is 60.
Clean living and This post will be deleted if not edited immediately have kept him looking young and spritely.
Not sure whether you are pulling my leg. The point I was making is that Wolfie understandably queries why HC is 120 on Betfair when she is not even challenging for the nomination. I was pointing out that Pence is less than half those odds at 48 even though the GOP are not even running a contest for the nomination. Both odds can be explained by considering that 8 months is relatively long for the elderly front runners.

Back