eir wins the "Excellence in Public Service Award"

Anyone have suggestions?

Letters unacknowledged
No contact form on website
Webchat disabled
Facebook messaging unresponsive
On hold for a full hour on phone

Short of driving to City West and holding up a placard (and I'm tempted), has anyone got any ideas?
literally the worst company I have ever dealt with and will never give them business again.

I remember having to chase them for 6 months for a €29 refund. I had BT Sports through them, and then it went onto Sky so I was able to cancel it. They then charged me anyway, and I kept getting fobbed off with tales of refunds taking up to 6 months to be signed-off.

If Eir are getting this award, Prince Andrew must be getting Royal of the Year, and Bernie Madoff Fund Manager of the Year.

Ah yes that bastion of journalistic credibility, the Public Sector Magazine. Methinks the subtle buying of an award has gone drastically wrong!

I'm just imagining a Staff Briefing in Eir's call centres this week. Smiling management announces "Hey All! - We've just been awarded Excellence-in-Customer-Care-in-the-Public-Service."

Each staff member would look at each other in amazement and disbelief. I'd say the ensuing grand-silence-of-disbelief could be heard in Alaska. Then the award for Employee-of-the-Month would be announced - more silence!

Last edited:
What is The Public Sector Magazine? I'm in the public sector a good while now and never heard of it until yesterday... I have a sneaking suspicion the name is intentionally misleading...

They appear to have temporarily taken their website down too, all very intriguing!

Industry sectors all over the world are replete with rubbish industry awards that mean nothing and that are handed out like confetti. Maybe this is simply another example and not the conspiracy that some people are cooking up?

Back