EBS Tracker mortgages | Review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I too fixed with ebs and lost my tracker . I have received a letter from ebs saying I am not impacted from their tracker review. Again they cited the tracker application form as detailed in previous posts.
However my original mortgage loan offer document states the tracker is for the life of the loan! This tracker application form was completely separate from the original loan agreement.
My question is which is the legally binding document as both forms contradict each other.

Any help from someone with a legal brain would be great before I go any further
Furthermore I believe ebs buy to let customers have gotten their trackers back just wondering what the difference is between those mortgages and ours?
Thanks

Hi Aiden,

I am in the exact same cohort and have left the issue in the hands of Padraic Kissane.
Would genuinely recommend you reaching out to Padraic. It may also state in your loan document (if same as mine) that you can switch once without penalty

best wishes,
BW

Just a thought , no return to tracker yet , anyone any update if they have the words "tracker for the life of the loan "in loan agreement ?
If someone from Aib is restored say 1 year before Ebs customer does that mean , that is viewed as unacceptable delay between the 2 so I as Ebs customer originally should be due extra compensation , as now I am AIB customer but unacceptable delay and an discrimminated on the basis of EBs ? Note if it ever happens . .. I note all the people I am now dealing with are a new generation , and don't seem to get it how unprofessional delay is , it is as if the culture in EBS is if you mention tracker redress it is ok to treat you badly . We went in with our queries re LTV as well as redress and the mortgage master assured us she would write in one week , neatly 4 weeks later ( I also asked for letter to be emailed also ) nothing . I wonder if I never had a mortage with them would they " not bother" replying for weeks ( my queries weren't just about redress ). Disgraceful .

We too lost our tracker and had the FSO agree with the bank . However our criteria means we should be included in the central bank review . Currently paying 3.7% svr. Seems the review is going to go on well into next year so we are continuing to lose money each month by being on that svr. Just wondering if we were to fix at a lower rate with ebs for the next year would they deem us to have definitely left our tracker behind as we would then have fixed twice or if we fixed now would it be from the svr and the tracker review be separate . Help line useless as they won't even confirm if we are included in the review . Just seems such a waste being stuck in limbo , unable to switch or get better rate in case we are impacted . Any views welcomed . Thanks

Is there some news from Central bank I just caught RTÉ radio thanking Padraic kissane , not sure what it was about . Rang ebs , the polite gent told me to wait till march 2018, frustrating , still won't clear up their CEO inaccuracy and by the sounds of it no one reported it as I requested to him and the communication office . The gent on the phone told he he had read my emails but after 10 mins it was clear he hadn't , very frustrating dealing with people with no level of professionalism or shame !

Is there some news from Central bank I just caught RTÉ radio thanking Padraic kissane , not sure what it was about . Rang ebs , the polite gent told me to wait till march 2018, frustrating , still won't clear up their CEO inaccuracy and by the sounds of it no one reported it as I requested to him and the communication office . The gent on the phone told he he had read my emails but after 10 mins it was clear he hadn't , very frustrating dealing with people with no level of professionalism or shame !
found it on rte radio1, drivetime tue 14th nov(cant add links yet), he was on talking about the central bank starting an enforcement investigation into AIB

We also fixed during early 2007 for 3 years and lost the tracker. Same situation as many of you. EBS point us to the the tracker application form and the fixed rate conversion form. In my view, the wording is very ambiguous as the loan offer letter says the rate basis as "Variable (ECB rate + fixed margin). We also went through a broker to get the mortgage, so didn't have even copies of the loan documentation. I had to request these from EBS couple of years back. Again, we had no advise/information/warning from EBS pre/post fixing the rate on the implications.

I contacted Padraic Kissane few years back and he's been following up on our case since. Spoke to Padraic recently and it seems all cases identified and accepted for redress so far by banks are relatively straight forward cases and cases like ours (disputed cases or not identified as impacted cases) may not be looked into until sometime in 2018. I would suggest anyone who hasn't contacted Padraic so far to do so, as having more similar cases collectively could strengthen the argument with the banks.

Interesting change of tone letter from ebs/aib , profusely sorry for delay etc , no decision re impacted or not , expected decision in few months , will write again in 28 days etc ...Referred to help line queries from 9 th Nov , no mention original complaint stretches back years !! As if this is a first query , I think I will write to point out not the case . This Time definitely consilatory, perhaps trying to minimise compensation if I am deemed impacted ???... anyone out there returned to tracker from ebs who fixed ?

After becoming despondent with the EBS Tracker Helpdesk I started engaging with the AIB customer Service via Twitter (as was unhappy with scripted responses).

After a few days I think I hit a nerve as I got two calls from a 'deputy team Lead' who went off script and confirmed AIB / EBS are taking the legalistic approach on any person who signed their form way back when moving from tracker to fixed.

https://twitter.com/_pauler_/status/947462438252924928

Not saying going through twitter is best approach but at least it made them pick up the phone.

Best wishes,
BW

Thank you Bw,
Is this not unfair treatment of Ebs customers who are now part of Aib ? I complained nearly 3 years ago , this is very frustrating to hear they are only looking at this now . When and if I am redressed , the compensation has to reflect the unfair treatment of me as an ebs customer compared with aib customer over those 3 years .

My husband has an account with aib , I might Perdue that way . Surely way ebs legalistic way if the aib similar customer is redressed , they are treating customers from ebs unfairly and this needs to be highlighted .

thanks BW for the update. That shows that their attitude (EBS/AIB) hasn't changed a bit as EBS had rejected our complaint few years back giving the same reason. I wonder if the cohort of such EBS customers is relatively small and they expect we won't be able to fight the case legally given the legal costs!?? totally unfair! Meanwhile, had lodged a complaint with EBS helpline on 29th Dec and received a letter advising the review is still ongoing and they will write to us every 28 days or earlier with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back