ebay -dont seem to be selling anything :(

i always sell my stuff on the ebay.co.uk site rather than the ebay.ie. bigger customer base. have pretty much sold everything i put up there.

hi,

Ok so Im pretty new to ebay. I have been a buyer for nearly 2years and have 100% positive feedback.

I decided to have a clear out and try and make some money however I just cant seem to get any sales on ebay.

I include a picture and give an accurate description and I think im posting the item in the right area.

Is there anything else I can do to attract people? Im not pricing the stuff to high either.

Or maybe it takes a while to build up a reputation if there's anyone here on ebay that sells stuff maybe you could give me some advice??

I have loads a good stufff to sell. :)
I know people with more than 45 feedback scores who post their stuff on ebay.ie.
I was recommended by a user on here to post my stuff on ebay.co.uk and I sold a product just there with no feedback at all, and the first bid came in after 4 days. (Now I have feedback 1, 100% positive)

So maybe it's also a problem posting on ebay.ie? - If that's what you're doing.

So maybe it's also a problem posting on ebay.ie? - If that's what you're doing.

When listing the add, as far as I remember you can tick the boxes of countries where you will post to, and the cost of posting there. As the UK is relatively close + contains so many e-bay users, you will find most of your customers will come from there, so make sure your listing is visible to UK potential buyers.

Like the OP i recently did a clear out and realised I have a number of items still in boxes taht i'm very unlikely to use.
I started to read up on Ebay to see what needs to be done, and discovered that there seems to be a problem with the way they are working with irish users on ebay.ie.

I've read through the thread below and it looks like .ie users aren't being adverstised on .com or .co.uk.... and there also seem to be issues with the reserve pricing, only .ie can't set a reserve is seems!

[broken link removed]

I jsut had a quick read through on this thread and its looking like it may be due to using ebay.ie.
I'm really considering seeing can I set up on .com site instead.

have any other posters any info on this?

When listing the add, as far as I remember you can tick the boxes of countries where you will post to, and the cost of posting there. As the UK is relatively close + contains so many e-bay users, you will find most of your customers will come from there, so make sure your listing is visible to UK potential buyers.
I can't select "post worldwide". And also the quantity is greyed out.

I normally list on ebay.com to maximise the number of hits and potential buyers. However, I will use ebay.co.uk or ebay.ie if they have a special offer on reduced listing prices. I have almost 300 feedbacks and offer shipment Worldwide.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help here. I was listing on .ie and only getting 30 views per item..so i put them on .co.uk and got alot more plus wait for it yes I sold one of my new tops with tags :D :D :D :D really chuffed...

however when i log into paypal to accept the payment it wont seem to go through? anyone have any ideas why? i use paypal all the time and have never had any problems with it. It asks me do i want to upgrade my account click here...i dont then below if you want to continue and accept this payment without upgrading your account click here. I click and just a box comes up with..try again and return to homepage. thats all theres no the payment didnt go through or anything.

hoping someone can help...:confused:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help here. I was listing on .ie and only getting 30 views per item..so i put them on .co.uk and got alot more plus wait for it yes I sold one of my new tops with tags :D :D :D :D really chuffed...

however when i log into paypal to accept the payment it wont seem to go through? anyone have any ideas why? i use paypal all the time and have never had any problems with it. It asks me do i want to upgrade my account click here...i dont then below if you want to continue and accept this payment without upgrading your account click here. I click and just a box comes up with..try again and return to homepage. thats all theres no the payment didnt go through or anything.

Ring Paypal - there is a helpline number in their contacts section - they are generally very helpful on the phone.

I am a keen ebayer and the postage costs are a factor for me. No point in selling the item for 99c and offering postage at €10. Keep postage costs reasonable.
Many times I have bought an item and the seller adds postage costs of €5 and when the item arrives, the postage mark says €2.
I know packaging costs, but this is excessive.

I ebayed in the UK when living there and sold things very easily over there - now living in Ireland andfinf that the the smaller community and expensive postage costs limits your market

You have to upgrade your account to receive payment as you have now become a seller also paypal takes a percentage out of this amount as well.

Hey guys.:p

thanks again is it hard to upgrade the account..I tried looking at it but paypal just kept getting stuck on me. That payment did go through this morning for me..and paypal charged I think 83 cent. do i have to pay to upgrade? Im really not a computer wizz and finding it tricky enough selling on ebay! im a disaster! :eek: I am keeping the postage low and Im checking on the an post website to see how much items cost to post..then there is the packaging to take into consideration aswell.

:) :)

thanks again is it hard to upgrade the account..I tried looking at it but paypal just kept getting stuck on me. That payment did go through this morning for me..and paypal charged I think 83 cent. do i have to pay to upgrade? Im really not a computer wizz and finding it tricky enough selling on ebay! im a disaster! :eek: I am keeping the postage low and Im checking on the an post website to see how much items cost to post..then there is the packaging to take into consideration aswell.

Hi,

Not sure what foxylady is on about :confused:

Maybe she was talking about becoming a Verified paypal user?

But you cannot list an item on any ebay site until you are paypal verified, so the mere fact you accomplished this means you are ok and already have.

When you login on the home page it should say up the top:

My Account Overview

Welcome, <your name> ([email protected]) edit profile
Account Type: Premier

If it says "Status: Irish - Verified" you're ok.

I have been buying/selling on eBay for many years (505 feedback) and often find that items can go unsold as well. I actually charge sensible p&p (unlike most of the sellers on there, who use p&p costs to subsidise their price) and 100% accurate descriptions, but alas sometimes people just aren;t interested in what you have to sell.

What I would advise is to have the best TITLE description that you can manage in the space provided. I think a lot of people don't go searching for items in the form of CLOTHES - LADIES - TOP/JACKETS - SIZE 14 - etc.

They just type their general wants into the search bar and if your description does match any of the keywords then they won't even see your item. Think what people might type into the search when you are deciding on the title. Leave out anything that doesn't really matter.

I am keeping the postage low and Im checking on the an post website to see how much items cost to post..then there is the packaging to take into consideration aswell.

FYI - I usually buy padded or Mail Lite envelopes in bulk from Viking Direct - [broken link removed]

Hi evreyone (again) ;)

I wanted to come back and thanks everyone for all there tips in trying to help me sell on ebay! THEY HAVE WORKED!! Ive sold like 10 thing so far (and im just getting started) and made 250 euro inc p&P. Im just selling stuff in my house that I havent used in ages! The key is I think to have a good pic, describe item properly and be very clever with your title. ie include ladies top size 16 (as another poster here said)

I am having another slight problem and cant seem to get into the help section on ebay actually cant get into ebay at all. does anyone if it is down? was it down last night too?

I have a different email for my ebay and for my paypal account. Most people pay through paypal, ive just had someone pay me to my ebay email adress and I dont know what to do? I have asked would they might sending payment to my paypal address using the link in the invoice I sent them (i am verfied and have my ebay/paypal connected together) 1st time this has happened.

Im worrying now that this buyer may think that i am trying to scam them by sending payment twice but im not. Does anyone if I can change my email adress in ebay without it effecting my set up with ebay/paypal?

Im sorry this all sounds so confusing, i cant even get into ebay now to check anything.

Oh I found this article as well for tips on buying and selling if anyone interested!! :cool:

http://www.skipmcgrath.com/auction_sr/99tips.shtml

Hi evreyone (again) ;)

I wanted to come back and thanks everyone for all there tips in trying to help me sell on ebay! THEY HAVE WORKED!! Ive sold like 10 thing so far (and im just getting started) and made 250 euro inc p&P. Im just selling stuff in my house that I havent used in ages! The key is I think to have a good pic, describe item properly and be very clever with your title. ie include ladies top size 16 (as another poster here said)

I am having another slight problem and cant seem to get into the help section on ebay actually cant get into ebay at all. does anyone if it is down? was it down last night too?

I have a different email for my ebay and for my paypal account. Most people pay through paypal, ive just had someone pay me to my ebay email adress and I dont know what to do? I have asked would they might sending payment to my paypal address using the link in the invoice I sent them (i am verfied and have my ebay/paypal connected together) 1st time this has happened.

Im worrying now that this buyer may think that i am trying to scam them by sending payment twice but im not. Does anyone if I can change my email adress in ebay without it effecting my set up with ebay/paypal?

Im sorry this all sounds so confusing, i cant even get into ebay now to check anything.

Oh I found this article as well for tips on buying and selling if anyone interested!! :cool:

http://www.skipmcgrath.com/auction_sr/99tips.shtml

thanks for the update.
about the email addresses, you can use the account preferences section of ebay to change the email address and it wont have any adverse affects on the relationship between ebay/paypal.

check with paypal where the money goes if it was sent to the wrong email address.

i used ebay last night and it kept going down with a non-responsive server error - so maybe theyre just busy with xmas shoppers.

Back