ebay -dont seem to be selling anything :(

blinkbelle

hi,

Ok so Im pretty new to ebay. I have been a buyer for nearly 2years and have 100% positive feedback.

I decided to have a clear out and try and make some money however I just cant seem to get any sales on ebay.

I include a picture and give an accurate description and I think im posting the item in the right area.

Is there anything else I can do to attract people? Im not pricing the stuff to high either.

Or maybe it takes a while to build up a reputation if there's anyone here on ebay that sells stuff maybe you could give me some advice??

I have loads a good stufff to sell. :)

Im not pricing the stuff to high either.
Maybe your potential buyers disagree? What about shipping costs?
Or maybe it takes a while to build up a reputation if there's anyone here on ebay that sells stuff maybe you could give me some advice??
How many positive feedback posts do you have?

Hi clubman,

I have 45 feedbacks.

Well I had a top for sale which I started the bidding at 0.99 and got a good few looks going by the page counter things. I had the top marked €1.50 postage to Ireland and €2.50 to uk and contact me for other postage destinations. Is this to deer? I have being trying for nearly 4months and have not sold a single item :(

I have loads a good stufff to sell. :)

Aha...therein may lie the problem;)

Maybe nobody else thinks that your stuff is good - or they think they can get it brand new for a price near to what you're asking for.

BTW quite a high proportion of stuff goes unsold on ebay - I think it is about 52%.

Well I had a top for sale which I started the bidding at 0.99 and got a good few looks going by the page counter things. I had the top marked €1.50 postage to Ireland and €2.50 to uk and contact me for other postage destinations. Is this to deer? I have being trying for nearly 4months and have not sold a single item :(

Personally I would never buy second hand clothes (or previously loved if you prefer) from anywhere - let alone ebay - I just wouldn't feel comfortable wearing something that someone else did "god knows what" in

wow 52% thats mad!! I suppose I just thought my stuff was good..oops maybe not ok well i'll price it a bit lower and see what happens.

But there's people on ebay with like thousands of feedback!!

I hear what your saying efm about clothes that particular top was new and was €10 still had the tags on it. Interested in a bargain??? Only messing please dont kick me off :p

Ok CM i guess I never thought of it like that but I also have some cool house stuff and photo albums bran new that were presents never opened and still cant sell them!

only 45 I know but there all me as buying from other ebayers, but surely everyone has to start somewhere

i suppose its like any other business, if you have things people want at a good price you will sell them.

I have noticed myself on ebay that some items get re-listed and re-listed for long periods of time.

I hear what your saying efm about clothes that particular top was new and was €10 still had the tags on it. Interested in a bargain???

Maybe - I'd have to see it being modelled though - is this a service you provide?? :D

blinbelle someone recently said to me they now list on ebay.com in us dollars to get to the larger international market

Are similar items from other sellers selling? Are there too many sellers?

Before selling on Ebay study similar auctions to see if there are buyers out there for what you want to sell.

are you sure that there are no technical issues involved - can people actually bid on your auctions?

1. If you go to the eBay website they have a very big section of tips for sellers at http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller-tips.html

2. Offer worldwide shipping - when you are listing you are given the option to ship to Domestic, UK, Europe, Worldwide etc

3. Sell similar items in lots of 3 to attract more bids

4. Include the brand name and size in the listing title

keep at it, ebay does work....but things often sell for bargain prices....good for the buyer I suppose. The more feedback you get the better.

Would you not just give the old clothes to Oxfam? It seems a bit pennypinching to be selling secondhand tops worth 99c on ebay.

Fair dues to you for the energy involved in trying to get rid of what are second hand clothes, and anything that cost that little at the start is just an ordinary item.Is it worth it in terms of hours, setting it up and then posting it off etc? Your time is valuable.Best of luck but from what I know it tends to be unusual or designer clothes that sell best on eBay. Frankly I am too lazy and just give them to Sue Ryder who tell me they either sell all their clothes or else they go on for recycling to rag factories.
I decided long ago in relation to clothes that the best way to make money out of them was to buy far less, buy better quality , wear them often and then off to the charity shop with them. Sorry ,I know. I'm being a boring old .......

Hi all.

well i did a couple of listings last night and have just checked this morning still no one biting.

I know what you mean about the clothes..Its just that I have a lot of New clothes with tags on them never worn and I think I might be able to get something for them. My partner is giving out about the state of our spare room..I guess I kind of buy stuff that i dont wear/wont use. need to have it clean for familly visiting at christmas!!

i am trying to be ruthless and I will give any stuff I dont want to charity. I might bundle 5/6 tops of the one size together and try sell them that way.

Thanks again. :)

Back