Dyson Cordless vacuum

It is a pity it is still 10 years away for solid state batteries for cars.
Where are you getting that from? Nio already have them, and they've said they're rolling out their improved 150 kWh batteries this year with other manufacturers coming in the next 2-3 years.

Even then they will still only have the lifespan of 10 to 15 years.
Solid state have more than 3 times the cycles of lithium before significant degradation, so they'll far outlast the cars in most cases.
 
We have had Dysons, and sharks. Currently using Shark. Barely notice any difference.

We also have a proper plug in hoover. You need it for proper full deep hoovering, especially for carpets. The cordless extremely handy for quick day to day tidy though.
 
I wouldn't buy a Dyson. I was advised not to buy one at the time, I didn't listen thinking that the research I put in would justify my decision, I was wrong. Its now literally gathering dust and we have replaced it with a Miele for like 150 euro. Would never touch a Dyson again very much "fur coat no knickers". Only my opinion.
 
I bought a Dyson to replace Henry with cord which was a nuisance at the time . Now Dyson is in the shed ready for recycling and Henry is back on the job. The cord is not a nuisance anymore , no more replacements .
 
I wouldn't buy a Dyson. I was advised not to buy one at the time, I didn't listen thinking that the research I put in would justify my decision, I was wrong. Its now literally gathering dust and we have replaced it with a Miele for like 150 euro. Would never touch a Dyson again very much "fur coat no knickers". Only my opinion.
That sucks.
 
Okay, a couple of years later and with all the "improvements" am wondering if I should buy a Dyson cordless
For reference I have a Dyson DC19 but it is a bit of a pain to lug around the different wings of my mansion
I see Harvey Norm and Dyson are offering a good deal in the black Friday sale with €200 off that is tickling my fancy
Is buying a newer second hand or refurbished one from Adverts an even better deal/idea

Or should I just forget about this folly and stick with what I have??
 
I have a kind of a dying cordless dyson too, fairly vintage at this stage but I have been converted to the robot round thing that rambles all over the place cleaning. I love it and would buy another of those for upstairs rather than a dyson cordless, that said though of course it's no good if you have a carpeted stairs!
 
Cheap as chips and decent enough.
Surprised at that price you didn't buy a third for the area connecting upstairs to downstairs :D
After a disappointing Dyson, we got a Bosh one
Yes I'm kind of brand loyal to certain things, maybe I'll have a look at the competition and see if there is better value like Sarah suggests
I have been converted
Not for me I'm afraid I'm old school and surprisingly strange, like hovering
 
I am happy that my old Nilfisk is still in use. I had it in for a repair and they said hang on to it as dont make motors so powerful nowadays. I had a cordless Gtech that battery failed in first year and expensive to replace ( from Germany) so back to Miele that I had before and use it for upstairs. Cost of bags used to be high but onlne generic ones to be had nowadays. Asthmatic here so important to vacuum frequently and change bags often. Cleaning out the dust canisters was trouble and more frequent than the bagged systems.
 
they said hang on to it as dont make motors so powerful nowadays.
EU law prohibits motors above 900W aimed at promoting efficiency. Brought in at a time when some of the brands were selling based on the motor wattage rather than real world performance.
 
Not for me I'm afraid I'm old school and surprisingly strange, like hovering
Screenshot_20251031_134649.webp
 
Back
Top