Dublin airport parking option

I know someone that parked in Swords and got a taxi. Nearly sure this was where they parked:
To park from 3rd to 13th June is €44.00, that's a good price. Have no idea what it would cost to get to the airport terminal from the car park, or how safe the car would be.

The DAA was heavily supported by the Government i.e. the taxpayer during Covid and this is the thanks we get -
I'd imagine whatever support they received was poor exchange for being shut (or as near to shut as made no difference) for such long periods, with "inessential" travel to the airport actually constituting a criminal offence at at least one stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Leo
Parking is coming in at 181 Euro for 2 weeks this summer for the cheapest car park with DAA car parks which is shocking.
Not really an option as 5 travelling so would require 2 cars and over 150km from airport so taxi not an option either.
Is that €181 per car? If there are 5 of you with luggage for 2 weeks you will surely need 2 cars even if you drive yourselves, so are you talking €362 then?

Parkpnp has listing in Airside.

Drop the passengers and luggage, spin back and grab a cab.

People in the vicinity of Dublin airport could have a nice earner this summer.

Reactions: mtk
Brendan,
I decided to check out your option of hiring a car in Galway city and driving to Dublin airport and drop off the car there. Price for the 3 hour hire and drop off €626.00. The head has just wobbled :oops:

Economy

Nissan Micra​

or similar

Pre-Registration available

Nissan Micra or similar

• Manual Transmission
  • Air Conditioning

Pick-Up Location:1.51km
View Map
View map

Fuel Policy:Full to Full

Mileage:Unlimited
EUROPCAR
Excellent7.7
Included for Free
  • Collision Damage Waiver
  • Theft Protection
  • Third Party Protection
  • Cancellation
  • Amendments
Important information
€ 626
Select
But look at all the "free" stuff you get!

I parked in the Red Cow Luas car park recently for €20 for 3 days.
It was actually €20 for 7 days but there wasn't a 3 day option that I could find.
It might be a litte too far from the airport though.

On principle I will not pay 181 Euro to park my car so don't know what I am going to do. At 150 it was somewhat justifiable but not at 181. Therefore they have lost my business and bus Eireann has probably gained it even if it does require a couple of lost hours waiting around and bus changes it is coming in at 83 Euro and I'll make sure not to spend a penny in airport in protest.
Sounds like cutting off your nose to spit your face. Annoying yes, but is it worth making the start of your holiday harder? And then not spending anything in Dublin airport? Not even a start of holiday drink?

When you consider that the exact same parking times in Shannon airport cost 86 euro (less than half Dublin rate of 181 Euro) - the short term in Shannon is only 132 Euro. To me this is price gouging by a semi state who has a monopoly - and the Government wonder why we have inflation.
Fly out of Shannon then? Or park in Shannon and get a flight to Dublin.

I'm going off topic but this is my first foreign holiday in over 10 years. We have a very modest family income. We got what I consider reasonably priced flights at 300 each and accommodation in 3 bed apartment for 1200 which is reasonable and everything else associated with the holiday was reasonable I free.
But the airport parking is price gouging and cannot be described as anything else. I don't think we are a greedy nation and most of us as individuals are always willing to lend a hand often in a voluntary capacity but its just the corporate greed that is destroying the country in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Carlton Hotel offer parking and shuttle bus to the airport
I've used this in the past, it was excellent
The hotel is missing a trick for another income source by allowing it.
Its a massive paid car park around the hotel, you book it like booking any car park and you don't have to stay in the hotel.

I parked in the Red Cow Luas car park recently for €20 for 3 days.
It was actually €20 for 7 days but there wasn't a 3 day option that I could find.
It might be a litte too far from the airport though.
I've done this as well, it was a few years ago, had to arrange a flight on short notice, got that okay but couldn't countenance the last minute parking charges so I cast around for an alternative and found this. Dublin Coach run buses direct to/from the airport for a fiver each way if you book online. The other thing to note is that according to the Luas rules you are supposed to have a valid Luas ticket when exiting the car park. Hand on heart I have never seen or heard of it being checked but it may be worth factoring in, however if you have a Leap card that counts as a valid ticket.

Am I the only one that thinks €181 for 14 days is not bad value, €12.93 per day.
On principle I will not pay 181 Euro to park my car so don't know what I am going to do. At 150 it was somewhat justifiable but not at 181. Therefore they have lost my business and bus Eireann has probably gained it even if it does require a couple of lost hours waiting around and bus changes it is coming in at 83 Euro and I'll make sure not to spend a penny in airport in protest.
Am I the only one that thinks €181 for 14 days is not bad value, €12.93 per day. And you are prepared to take a bus each way with luggage and the lost hours waiting around? Are you travelling with children or all adults?

I paid 62 euro for the Blue car park for one week , last week , but booked it about two months ago. The closer it got to the date the more expensive it got.

An old thread but I went to book carpark for 2 weeks for end of June early July this year. Its just shy of 200 Euro....Outrageous. The thing is do I book at this outrageous price now as it unlikely to come down? I don't have an alternative method of getting to/from the airport

An old thread but I went to book carpark for 2 weeks for end of June early July this year. Its just shy of 200 Euro....Outrageous. The thing is do I book at this outrageous price now as it unlikely to come down? I don't have an alternative method of getting to/from the airport
I don't know about Dublin but in the past in Belfast and Heathrow, I've booked a night in a hotel before the flight with parking for 2 weeks and a shuttle bus each way, more cheaply that airport parking. Looking at earlier in the thread teh Carlton offers it. Probably competitors do as well.

The thing is do I book at this outrageous price now as it unlikely to come down?
They don't operate demand pricing as far as I'm aware, and during that peak period in recent times they have completely sold out.

As above, some of the hotels close to the airport offer parking deals, but note they generally charge €10+ per day for parking on top of €200+ for the room. Some will do parking only, but checking one of them, a 2 week parking only deal for 2 weeks was more expensive than the price you mentioned at €17.50 per night!

That's about €14 per day at peak summer travel time. If you have a 2nd passenger that's €7 per person per day. I wouldn't say that was high.

If you live within 50km of Dublin Airport then it may be cheaper to get a taxi to and from.

That's about €14 per day at peak summer travel time. If you have a 2nd passenger that's €7 per person per day. I wouldn't say that was high.

If you live within 50km of Dublin Airport then it may be cheaper to get a taxi to and from.
The Red car park is €15 per day if you don't book in advance, Blue is €14. But booking now for 2 weeks for mid-June, Red works out at €11.57 per day, Blue at €13.29 per day.

Back