Dublin airport parking option

sharkattack

Parking is coming in at 181 Euro for 2 weeks this summer for the cheapest car park with DAA car parks which is shocking. Any other parking option available that is more reasonable? Doesn't look like public transport is an option

Not really an option as 5 travelling so would require 2 cars and over 150km from airport so taxi not an option either. It was 150 for the same dates when I checked last week. I guess they have a monopoly on parking now so can charge what they like.

They do indeed,and with the red car park being closed it’s putting the prices in the blue & green up drastically.

I don't suppose you could hire a car locally and drop it off at the airport? And do the reverse on the way home.

Or take a bus or train?

Brendan

In my own case when I'll be travelling again. There's trains I can use with my seniors pass, also Bus Eireann, City Link and GoBus. I'll be parking my car in my daughters house, taking either GoBus or City Link straight to the airport and back again. Total cost to my wife and myself is €6.00 (I think) for reserving the seats. A short couple of weeks ago we paid around €130.00 for 11 days in the long term parking. Grr, total rip off. I don't mind anyone making a living, but business's in Dublin in particular are really ripping people off. If everyone did what's happening there it would create a total outcry.

Their is a local airport beside the hotel, that allow you to park there if you are not staying with them. I think it is the one on the old airport road.

I don't suppose you could hire a car locally and drop it off at the airport? And do the reverse on the way home.

Or take a bus or train?

Brendan
Brendan,
I decided to check out your option of hiring a car in Galway city and driving to Dublin airport and drop off the car there. Price for the 3 hour hire and drop off €626.00. The head has just wobbled :oops:

Economy

Nissan Micra​

or similar

Pre-Registration available

Nissan Micra or similar

• Manual Transmission
  • Air Conditioning

Pick-Up Location:1.51km
View Map
View map

Fuel Policy:Full to Full

Mileage:Unlimited
EUROPCAR
Excellent7.7
Included for Free
  • Collision Damage Waiver
  • Theft Protection
  • Third Party Protection
  • Cancellation
  • Amendments
Important information
€ 626
Select

Side road outside Coachmans Inn. Airport is walkable.
A good number of cars park there for days at a time.

QuickPark closed during Covid and hasn't reopened. There is huge demand on car parking spots so prices are at a premium. If you are driving from Galway to Dublin to go on holidays, diesel and parking are a part of the cost. An increase of €31 isn't that much when you consider the total cost of your holidays.

On principle I will not pay 181 Euro to park my car so don't know what I am going to do. At 150 it was somewhat justifiable but not at 181. Therefore they have lost my business and bus Eireann has probably gained it even if it does require a couple of lost hours waiting around and bus changes it is coming in at 83 Euro and I'll make sure not to spend a penny in airport in protest.

I've used this in the past, it was excellent
The Carlton Hotel offer parking and shuttle bus to the airport
A lot of people don't want accommodation, just want to park the car and collect it when they come back and go home.

Brendan,
I decided to check out your option of hiring a car in Galway city and driving to Dublin airport and drop off the car there. Price for the 3 hour hire and drop off €626.00. The head has just wobbled :oops:

Economy

Nissan Micra​

or similar

Pre-Registration available

Nissan Micra or similar

• Manual Transmission
  • Air Conditioning

Pick-Up Location:1.51km
View Map
View map

Fuel Policy:Full to Full

Mileage:Unlimited
EUROPCAR
Excellent7.7
Included for Free
  • Collision Damage Waiver
  • Theft Protection
  • Third Party Protection
  • Cancellation
  • Amendments
Important information
€ 626
Select

Car hire has gone much more expensive recently.
There was a article about an American tourist being quoted €10,000 for 3 weeks car hire recently,so certainly not an option.

Back