Drunk FG TD 'threat' to ruin garda career.

PJ Sheehan

The absolute cheek on this tool.

Stinks of the notion of all the politicians that beleive they are above the law and have no appreciation of the real life of the little people..

A few pints because they were breaking up for the summer holidays.

Then abuse the person that is saving his driving license and offering to arrange to get him a taxi.

The Gardai should have let him drive out then arrested him for drink driving.

I hope the people of west cork will show this man the door next election time a disgrace what is allegedly running this country.

I thought that you could be arrested is you are in possession of keys and have intention of driving. If thats the case then why was he not arrested then?

One rule for us a different rule for them.

Apparently he drove towards the car park barrier.

The garda on duty ask the guys not to let him out.

Probably claim it is private land and not the public road, or some similiar horse manure.

Enda's readtion was typical.

How many more of leaders have this attitude?

Apart from apologising to the Garda surely he should have apologised for attempting to drive while under the influence which could have fatal consequences.

Are you for real? Are you a West Cork Fine Gael supporter by any chance?

What the Taoiseach did is bad and he is rightly being hammered. So should this other clown.
Both should be issued P45s.

Worst post ever on AAM shesells.

No and I will qualify my response...I saw that he was trying to leave Leinster House...the article I read about the situation didn't mention that he was in a car. Different situation altogether.

There are ethics in public office acts...wonder if they apply to this situation?

Is it true that this dinosaur of a TD strenuously opposed the lowering of the drink driving limits recently?

i might be wrong here, but i heard that you cannot be arrested while leaving leinster house, some rule that goes back years,....might not still be in place though!

Just listened to An Nuacht earlier and heard that Enda Kenny and Mr Sheehan exchanged words and Mr Sheehan is no longer the spokesperson for Agriculture.

This is just a slap on the wrist. Mr Sheehan should resign immediately or be sacked.

We have had days of talk about a Taoiseach who might or might not have been a little intoxicated in a radio interview. Mr Sheehan bullied a young Garda doing her duty and threatened to end her career prospects. This behaviour is unacceptable and Mr Sheehan must resign or be sacked. Otherwise, the FG leader will have no credibility whatsoever from good living people.

i might be wrong here, but i heard that you cannot be arrested while leaving leinster house, some rule that goes back years,....might not still be in place though!

You can’t be arrested on the way to the Dail for a vote. As far as I remember Jock Haughey, brother of Charlie, used this as an excuse to avoid arrest for drunk driving. I’m not sure if the same applied when leaving the Dail.

while this man is obviously a muppet, it's interesting that this story about an incident that happened in June only came out the week of Garglegate!

do FF have a file on opposition TDs from Garda sources that they can call on at will?

Trevor Sergeant's resignation (fully deserved) arose from a similar delayed action, the Garda had information for a year but it only came to light after Willie O'Dea had been forced to resign.

This is a worrying situation for our democracy.

TDs today have no class. How I pine for the days of the "pint or transfer" politicians.

Sheehan has got to resign. He has bullied, he has intimidated, he has driven a car while drunk. He has been a danger to himself and a danger to others. What an example to the rest of the population. Kenny must sack him. I note the silence from the Labour, Green, Fianna Fail etc parties. Even the press is being kind to Mr Sheehan.

Yes. See link : [broken link removed]

Thanks Towger,
from the debate:

Taxpayers’ money is being used as propaganda. For years the Government has spent public moneys trying to curtail the consumption of alcohol and tobacco. The money has been wasted and has not led to a reduction of one iota in the consumption of alcohol and tobacco.

The most recent survey has shown an increase in tobacco consumption. Such advertising is propaganda, [105] as it has allowed the Government to remove resistance to even more restrictive legislation on every occasion it wants.

What would the Supreme Court rule if a case similar to the McKenna case was put before it? In the McKenna judgment the Supreme Court restricted the Government from using public money to advocate its own case in referendums?

The present advertisement from one State agency states a person can never drink and drive. I know of no law allowing for a zero level of alcohol.

Is this not another example of propaganda softening up public opinion before lowering the limit from 80 mg/100ml to 50 mg/100ml?
Is this official FG policy that the dinosaur speaks?

You can’t be arrested on the way to the Dail for a vote. As far as I remember Jock Haughey, brother of Charlie, used this as an excuse to avoid arrest for drunk driving. I’m not sure if the same applied when leaving the Dail.
You may be correct but I thought that was Fianna Fail TD, Dr. Sean McCarthy, from South Tipperary.

Back