Dress for 21yr old sister of the groom

cheesenonion

My bro gettin married in august.I am looking for a suitable dress to suit a not so tall 21 year old.

Looking to buy outside of chain stores like debenhams coz looking 4 something different.Preferably in Munster and not crazy prices!:)

You could try the boutiques on Oliver Plunkett street in Cork, but they might be a little old for you - Sheenas, Fran & Janes, there are a couple of others.
There's also a place in Bandon called the Walk in Wardrobe - but you need to make an appointment. Their dresses are supposed to be nice.
What about Monsoon?

ya fran nd jane are up here in clonmel..slightly older age group..monsoon had a look but afraid a guest will end up in xamw dress if i buy in d popular stores!!

You are right to avoid usual wedding guest chains like Dhams or Coast if you don't want another guest dressed the same. Is there a TK Maxx near you, their stock turnover is so high, chances of a similar outfit are slim and there are great bargains to be had.

I've been to weddings recently and admired outfits to be told they are Dunnes.

ya TK max in limerick was up der last wkend nd never thought of their!have u shopped der b4??

atever i get will prob have 2 be altered because of my height.knee length dresses are down 2 my shins so dnt want 2 pay 2 much wen i prob will have 2 alter

Why not pop over to the Crescent in limerick?
There's Carraig Donn, Mango, Monsoon, Next, Pamela Scott, Zara.
CD often have nice dresses in, or you could get something simple from one of the more high street type places and go a bit mad on accessories instead? Most of those places have websites too so you could get an idea before making the effort to go there.
Can't think of any boutiques in Limerick but maybe someone else could.

Timing is everything. If you buy it now instead of waiting closer to the time, there will be less chance of another guest wearing it. As another poster pointed out, you could get a very simple dress and accessorise and it will look very different to how someone else may be wearing it.

Fran & Jane is definitely worth looking at if there is one nearby and some of the dresses in stock at the moment are shorter and/or knee length so easier to wear if you're petite. Otherwise maybe BTs?

I've heard a friend talking about a shop in Midleton but I can't remember the name of it. She described it as a small shop halfway down the street? I'm sorry the directions are so vague and apologies if there is more than one main street in Midleton. Another poster might know the name of it?

My bro got married in February. Last August I bought a Karen Millen number on internet. I'm under 5' 2". It was perfect. Had to lose a stone to get into it but I did. Hardest part was shoes and bag. But eventually got them for a steal. My whole outfit, including dress, shoes, bag, shawl cost me €160. Got my hair tied up and extensions clipped in which lasted right through the next day, it was so well done. When I went into the church and up to speak to my ma and sisters, some people did not recognise me. It just takes a bit of searching and doesn't need to cost the earth.

I was in d cresent last weekend but didnt come across anyting.did waterford aswell.
tinkin of headin 2 naas or kildare sum weekend?

I was in d cresent last weekend but didnt come across anyting.did waterford aswell.

How about bay trading company they have fab dresses in there at the moment half price some of them and suitable for those of us who are a little on the short side.

I would second TK Maxx.

Can you write in English please? If people are spending time responding to posts it would be nice not to have to decipher them as well.

I would second TK Maxx.

Can you write in English please? If people are spending time responding to posts it would be nice not to have to decipher them as well.

Op is 21 and probably uses bebo speak all the time.;)

Hi,

I can second The Walk in Wardrobe in Bandon. My sister is bridesmaid for my wedding in August and we got her dress there. They have all the bridesmaid dresses downstairs and upstairs (have to go out of the shop and up the stairs beside the door) they have a shop more suitable for wedding guests. The dresses are gorgeous and unusual and the service is excellent.

No connection with the shop - just a very happy customer!

Triona

Hi,

I can second The Walk in Wardrobe in Bandon. My sister is bridesmaid for my wedding in August and we got her dress there. They have all the bridesmaid dresses downstairs and upstairs (have to go out of the shop and up the stairs beside the door) they have a shop more suitable for wedding guests. The dresses are gorgeous and unusual and the service is excellent.

No connection with the shop - just a very happy customer!

Triona

dont suppose they have a website ??or do u have 2 make appointment to call in

Back