Donaghmede: Grattan HALL or Grattan WOOD

Kiddo,

There's a plaque on the main gate outside that says Grattan Wood but I notice people put up rental ads etc for Grattan Hall. Am buying there and wondering what the official address is. Is there any way of finding out?

It's Grattan Hall - really confusing alright. Grattan Lodge is the estate of established semi/detached houses to the rear. Not sure how the Grattan Wood comes into it

If you search for "" on Google, it apparently exists in the same location........

Could it be the case that the area/loaction is Grattan Wood, and the development is Grattan Hall?

mo3art,

here's the even more confusing part - the estate of houses behind it is actually called grattan lodge.

i'm really confused now - is it possible it was named grattan hall when it was being built and, upon completion, the developer gave it a new name?

would this confusion be damaging to a mortgage application say - i mean, if it's technically grattan wood and your mortgage says grattan hall, does that mean u have a mortgage on something that doesn't exist?

ccovich,

i'd thought of that but there's a plaque on the wall by the main gate that says grattan wood, yet i keep seeing references to grattan hall. bizarre

No as far as I can remember the houses were always called Grattan Lodge. Showing my age now! I seem to remember it referred to the house that was at that location before Grattan Lodge was developed.
So apparently there are 2 separate apartment developments at this location btw.
Grattan Hall is directly on the Hole in the Wall Rd & has red brick, established apartment blocks.
Grattan Wood is around to the back of the first estate, uses the same entrance as Grattan Lodge, and the apartments are newer - only completed in the last 18 months.
That any help to you?
Knowing my luck, I just got the two developments arseways - but there are 2 separate developments of apartments!

GUNNE - Your Door to Best Advice [SIZE=-1]Apt 3 The Willow, Grattan Wood, Hole In The Wall Road, Dublin 13 ... Grattan Wood is located on the Hole in the Wall Road adjacent to the N32 and all the ...
www.gunne.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=recent_ sales&startrow=301&set=31&preopen=2 - 106k [/SIZE]

This is just one result from google searching with grattan wood.

it seems to be both grattan hall and grattan wood. how weird is that?!

This has got to be one of the fastest threads I've seen!

So there are three areas within one development:
Grattan Hall
Grattan Lodge
Grattan Wood

Yes?

lol

so hang on -- grattan lodge is the housing estate behind the apartments

grattan hall is the apartments at the front

BUT

these apts have a plaque on the front saying grattan wood yet if you google grattan hall and grattan wood you'll get numerous results for the same blocks of apartments!

seems to me like the name must have changed at some stage

I know, I may have gotten the name of the complexes arseways but I'm CONVINCED there are 2 separate developments.
Seriously. It's driving me so nuts I'm going for a drive around there after work tomorrow.

Hi there,
Just to let you know I didn't get a chance to head there after work this evening. However, I've consulted with Mr Mo - who works in the area & he also states that there are 2 separate developments. His take on it is a bit interesting though. Apparently all the apartments are in Grattan Hall, but the newer complex - see my above post - is known as Grattan Wood, Grattan Hall.

Curiouser & curiouser. As a matter of interest, does it really make such a difference?

Mo3art,

Thanks for that - I've since been speaking to a solicitor in the area who tells me that the apartments are officially called Grattan Wood, formerly known as Grattan Hall. The name was changed because of a clash with another set of apartments on the southside apparently.

Incidentally, thanks to all those who tried to answer this query. Great board, keep up the good work.

That other development would be Grattan Hall On Grattan Street just off Mount Street/Canal Street.

Mate lives in Grattan Lodge in the houses...the new apartments on the way into the estate don't appear to be the best situated with the new large development (Much Higher) going just yards across the road.

I bought an apt in the established development from new in 2002. When I put the deposit on it, the name was G Hall. By the time I purchased it, the name was G Wood, as they had discovered that the name Grattan Hall existed elsewhere. Lodge are the houses behind them. QED.

Back