Dole cheats: Should I report, and how to go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong! You can easily collect someone elses dole. Signing a name to a piece of paper & quoting a pps isnt rocket science...& thats exactly what their doing! ...It didnt help the country when they came in ...spent nothing in the local community...& off they went again with all their money back to wherever! Grand for them but where does it leave us?...Where we are now!

Wrong! You can easily collect someone elses dole. Signing a name to a piece of paper & quoting a pps isnt rocket science...& thats exactly what their doing!

All of them? Have any proof of your accusations?

It didnt help the country when they came in ...spent nothing in the local community...& off they went again with all their money back to wherever!

This is getting pathetic.
Are you seriously suggesting that immigrants spent nothing in Ireland while working here? Were they flying back to their home countries every night for dinner and bed? You also conveniently forget that immigrants pay tax like anyone else.

This is getting pathetic.
Are you seriously suggesting that immigrants spent nothing in Ireland while working here? Were they flying back to their home countries every night for dinner and bed? You also conveniently forget that immigrants pay tax like anyone else.

Exactly. Once they paid tax they fulfilled any obligation they had.

yes and while your at it report Bertie Ahern and Beverly Flynn it aint right but its only not right for working class people,if your the Irish royal family you get away with everything.

Its ridiculous!! People that are genuinely out of work are finding it next to impossible to even get the dole...not to mind these "bushpigs" trying to grab all they can get at the cost of us tax payers. Maybe if there were more people like yourself then there could be a balanced scale in the country!
Whats a bush pig?

Get a life lads. If these guys lived 10 lifetimes they wouldn't rip off what the politicians and the guys in the banks and the white collar sector have ripped off. Leave them alone and get on with your lives.

Two wrongs don't make a right, report report report em b4 we all go down the tubes.:(

Hang them from the rafters of the houses they are working in.
Shame the people employing them cant be hung by the toes too.
Amazing how people worry about being ripped of by contractors and still give these yokes work.
9 time out of 10 its substandard work that is being done anyway.

This is what social welfare fraud cost the country last year.
Just half a billion? - and how much to collect this money?
bertie and co. cost us much, much more with their bank 'guarantee' and Anglo fiasco.

If those thieves (because that is what they are) had not been caught, then the cost to the average PAYE taxpayer in the country would have been around €700 per person per annum.
Dole cheats = €700
Anglo = €20000

Its ridiculous!! People that are genuinely out of work are finding it next to impossible to even get the dole...not to mind these "bushpigs" trying to grab all they can get at the cost of us tax payers. Maybe if there were more people like yourself then there could be a balanced scale in the country!

Agree. I am 26 years old working since I left school don't know where to go to even draw the dole but would not hesitate to draw it if I was out of work. If everyone who was not supposed to get the dole didn't receive the dole maybe I wouldn't have to pay so much tax and they could even put money towards the health system. But some people can't be bothered it easy to play the system. see it happening all the time woman has a child gets a house from the council partner moves in they have a next to free house. The more children they have the bigger it gets and normal joe soap who pays his way has to pay through the roof for a mortgage working hard to keep his head above water.Report them less tax for people who are willing to work within the law.

Hang them from the rafters of the houses they are working in.
Shame the people employing them cant be hung by the toes too.
Amazing how people worry about being ripped of by contractors and still give these yokes work.
9 time out of 10 its substandard work that is being done anyway.

I'd love a situation where people are fined for employing dole/tax cheats.

Dole cheats = €700
Anglo = €20000

:D:D:D

Speaking for myself I don't really have an opinion on the subject of whether or not to report them, there will always be dole cheats.

If the only reason you are reporting them is because of your brothers failing business then sorry but it won't make any difference to his ability to pay bills.

Whats a bush pig?
Stuffed with a mixture of figs/dates/walnuts and roasted. Accompanied with prunes/blueberries and served with porcini ....... they're beautiful. Just the same as continental wild boar but from down under. Oh, I forgot and a few tinnies out of the cooler.

I think the system in place is so open to fraud that of course it is rife.

I think the Governement would do well to close up all 'loop holes'in the existing system. A central computerised system hinged on PPS Number showing all information, income, tax, SW, asset ownership, etc. etc. Amalgamate all state information. I think all bank/post office information should be disclosed as a compulsory requirement if you claim SW also. I know it is 'big brother' and freedom of information may be of concern. IMO if you have nothing to hide then nothing to fear...

Basically I feel the issue lies with no cross referencing/checking of information. Fraudsters would be far more readily caught and deterred in the first place.

I think the system in place is so open to fraud that of course it is rife.

I think the Governement would do well to close up all 'loop holes'in the existing system. A central computerised system hinged on PPS Number showing all information, income, tax, SW, asset ownership, etc. etc. Amalgamate all state information. I think all bank/post office information should be disclosed as a compulsory requirement if you claim SW also. I know it is 'big brother' and freedom of information may be of concern. IMO if you have nothing to hide then nothing to fear...

Basically I feel the issue lies with no cross referencing/checking of information. Fraudsters would be far more readily caught and deterred in the first place.

Funny that you should mention a centralised computer system - Those lads in Dept Finance are ahead of you - see [broken link removed]

Well if it occurred to me then I hoped some ejitts in power might actually be working on it too..:D

Seriously though it is patently obvious that one hand does not know what the other is doing and officials just do their jobs worth (fair enough) with the system they have.

Why can't they have a photographic system for collecting dole etc, I was told at the weekend about a guy who is working for a builder and who collects his friends dole for him. His friend pays him €25 each time for his trouble and the friend does'nt even have to fly into Ireland any more to sign for his dole.

I don't know the guy or the builder, it was just a conversation with a group of individuals trying to sort our country as you do when in a queue.

Even to get into the local swimming pool if you are a member you have to use your swipe key which brings up your photo on their computer screen, it can't be that difficult to have a system in place something simular.

Why can't they have a photographic system for collecting dole etc, I was told at the weekend about a guy who is working for a builder and who collects his friends dole for him. His friend pays him €25 each time for his trouble and the friend does'nt even have to fly into Ireland any more to sign for his dole.

I don't know the guy or the builder, it was just a conversation with a group of individuals trying to sort our country as you do when in a queue.

Even to get into the local swimming pool if you are a member you have to use your swipe key which brings up your photo on their computer screen, it can't be that difficult to have a system in place something simular.

It occurred to me as I queued in the Post Office the other day, that indeed it appeared to be very easy to just produce the plastic card at the window for someone else... I queued for 20 minutes and had nought else to do but observe... No one was asked for photo ID, not once! I was like a divil because I was posting back a faulty online purchase and must have arrived at the wrong time of day, ie lunchtime...

Just half a billion? - and how much to collect this money?
bertie and co. cost us much, much more with their bank 'guarantee' and Anglo fiasco.

Dole cheats = €700
Anglo = €20000

What has that got to do with dole cheats? It's the laziest answer in the world to say that because "bertie and co cost us much more", everyone else should be able to get away with things. 2 wrongs don't make a right. The fact that Anglo may indeed cost the taxpayer much more is not a reason in itself to allow dole cheats to defraud the taxpayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back