Defective suite of furniture

tech3

I would be grateful if anyone could help me .
I bought an Italian leather ( high grade leather I was told by the seller) from a privately owned family store which has been operating for years . The suite cost 3700 euro.
After 2 months the suite which was colored brown started to show pinkish at the seams and on the arms , I contacted the shop and they promptly dispatched a technician from the manufacturer who advised me after doing a "test " that this was a natural phenomena and there was nothing wrong with the suite .
I hate this effect on the suite and its getting steadily worse.
I have contacted consumer advice and they cant help me as the cost is over €2000.
I have been contacting the shop on a weekly / twice weekly basis and they have threatened me with the guards if I keep harassing them.
now to add insult to injury, my teenage son had put a cold plate on the arm of the sofa and a large patch has peeled off on to the plate and a bare patch is left on the sofa .
I didn't inform the shop of this latest development as I am afraid to go near them .
can anyone advise me how to proceed from here please ?

Did you get any written report from the technician who called out. Your contract is with the shop not the manufacturer.I would write a courteous letter to the shop explaining that you are not satisfied with either the goods or their service and advise them that you will be taking the matter further if it is not resolved. If you have not received a written report ask for that. Do they have a Facebook page - perhaps you could make a polite comment there. I have an old leather suite 12 years old and I apply polish ( same colour as suite) to any discoloured patches that seem to be appearing recently and that usually does the job !!

Last edited:
How could putting a cold plate on the arm of a couch lead to the damage you mentioned? I can't get my head around that.

How could putting a cold plate on the arm of a couch lead to the damage you mentioned? I can't get my head around that.
I know exactly what you are saying . How can I explain
Did you get any written report from the technician who called out. Your contract is with the shop not the manufacturer.I would write a courteous letter to the shop explaining that you are not satisfied with either the goods or their service and advise them that you will be taking the matter further if it is not resolved. If you have not received a written report ask for that. Do they have a Facebook page - perhaps you could make a polite comment there. I have an old leather suite 12 years old and I apply polish ( same colour as suite) to any discoloured patches that seem to be appearing recently and that usually does the job !!
no I didn't get a written report but I will ask for one , . The technician asked me to sign a form suggesting I was happy with his finding but I refused to sign it simply because I was not happy.I have already written a letter but to no avail.

Is it really leather? A pair of leather shoes or a leather wallet would last longer.

Back