decent barber in dublin?

I use on Grafton St. or Arnotts. Consistently good haircuts (and they cut out the ever increasing grey ;) )

Yeah, but unless Ronan D John and the Doc are contortionists I bet its their poor other halves that have to do the actual work...Mr.V came home with one of those clippers, and even a video on how to use it..it now languishes in the garage. Leave it to the professionals I say.

Ah, Vanilla, you cut me to the quick... I wouldn't dream of letting Mrs M. near me with a sharp-bladed instrument! ;)

I'll grant you it takes a bit of practice — particularly the left-handed bits — but I get plenty of that on Moriarty Jnr, whose mop grows even faster than my own...

369_scalped.jpg

I went the clippers route recently, its great, and yes the better half dose it, but she is the only one who really gives a monkey what it looks like. She was constantly complaining about the standards of my haircuts. So everyone is a winner.

However the savings made on my haircut are a drop in the ocean compared to the maintence costs on Mrs Taximans crowning glory.

Now that you mention it ClubMan Mr.V does quite often languish in the garage ( usually when there is housework to be done, children to be fed, nappies to be changed etc etc).

I admit that after extensive pleading from himself I made two attempts to use the clippers, the first haircut wasnt too bad ( probably because there was still a remnant of his last professional haircut to follow), but the second was terrible, and to protect my own reputation ( couldnt be seen out and about with Mr.V in that state) I adamantly refused to ever use the clippers again. And since the Doc can cut his own hair with the clippers I'll know just what to tell Mr.V to do with the clippers if the subject ever comes up again...;)

Jonathons barber shop beside the shelbourne hotel gives a good cut. €17 is for a dry cut.

I'm with on this one! :D

I splashed out :p. This is

Vanilla said:
Yeah, but unless Ronan D John and the Doc are contortionists I bet its their poor other halves that have to do the actual work...Mr.V came home with one of those clippers, and even a video on how to use it..it now languishes in the garage. Leave it to the professionals I say.

As the link above says, it's super easy and so far I've been able to do it all on my own - without even watching the accompanying dvd :) .

ClubMan said:
The Regent?

This used to be my local, and it was a great place to go. Fairly reasonable on price, and the lads there were fairly decent as well. Saturday mornings early was always a good time to go.

tallpaul said:
Arnotts. Consistently good haircuts (and they cut out the ever increasing grey ;) )

Went here once or twice and wasn't all that impressed. How hard can it be to get a grade 3 all over?

There is Just Cuts on the north quays just past the Ha'penny bridge - €6 Mon - Wed, €10 the rest of the week... I use them, cheap and cheerful and nearly always busy so go early on weekday

Back