decent barber in dublin?

D

darag

i'm tired of paying twelve quid for a short back and sides. it's not the money i object to; it's the standard of the haircut. what should be an even number three area of my head always ends up with one or two stubborn hairs sticking out. also they don't use a cut-throat on your neck so you're left with stubble. where can i get a decent haircut in this town?

excellent question...

Unfortunately it sometimes depends on your head. John Moran of Ballybough is always worth a visit. But where do you live?

Mr Mac's barber shop, corner of Dorset St and Blessington Street, will charge you a tenner. And he does a special rate of €6.50 all day monday and tuesday but it can get a bit crowded then. And if you're interested, Mr Mac himself does a sideline in selling Spanish property! (Or maybe the barbershop is the sideline?)

Very good and popular guy in Phibsboro around the corner from the shopping centre near dallymount park next to the off liscence on the road to Cabra (you may have guessed I don't know the street name)

"The Green Dolphin" on South Anne Street are quite good.
I've been going there for decades :)

Frankies in rathfarnham village. Go there and you'll get a really excellent haircut for 12euro. Very friendly staff too.

D. 15

Hey clubman - there's at least 3 barber shops in Blanch village alone - which one does mrs clubman work in?

Re: D. 15

Old Barber Joke :

Barber : How do you like your hair cut ?

Customer : In silence

try the Merchant Barber at the alleyway at the square in Temple Bar - theyre always winning competitions and offer a great service. Pricey but they throw in a few nice touches to take the sting out of it.

Re: ...

There's a barber shop on Middle Abbey Street near the Jervis Luas stop which seems to have a good reputation and isn't that pricey.

Update: it's Sam's and a dry cut is a fairly competitive €8. They are also one of the few barbers around to do flat-tops (€10 I think). :)

Re: ...

thanks. i'm rathmines/ranelagh area but am in town a lot so i'll try some of the recommendations in the centre. yes it does depend on your head. i've stubborn hair but i've had good haircuts in the past (not in dublin); it just requires going back and over a few extra times with the hair shaver after ruffling up the hair and doing a careful job with the cut-throat.

Knights i St. Stephens Green Centre....Also head massage available there by nice Russian Girl......

Knights i St. Stephens Green Centre....Also head massage available there by nice Russian Girl......

For €20 at least.:eek:

I cut my own hair now. 3 haircuts and I've saved the cost of the clippers, and it's much easier find time for the haircut now as well.

I go to the barber at Crown Alley, Temple Bar (before the Ha'penny Bridge). Get there at 9am on Saturday...never busy and the staff are are nice and relaxed after a good nights rest!!!

New barber over the Bleeding Horse pub (open about 10 months) - gives an excellent haircut at the very reasonable price of €15

Back