Dating in 2010 at the age of 40

Just on a side note, that actually happened a friend of mine, the girl said the next morning that she felt guilty and claimed she hadnt meant to sin and would he bring her to confession instead of home please.

:D Brilliant.

This thread is like daytime TV, waiting on the latest twist

Come on Becky, are ye meeting for a date yet?

If you don't reply these posters are going to start speculating and coming up with all sorts of scenarios so set the record straight

Report back Becky, we want to know! :p

This thread is like daytime TV, waiting on the latest twist

Come on Becky, are ye meeting for a date yet?

If you don't reply these posters are going to start speculating and coming up with all sorts of scenarios so set the record straight

Report back Becky, we want to know! :p

Yeah, I'm losing interest in it rapidly. ;)

I'm curious as single, late 30's and probably should get into the dating thing again. Took awhile to get over a bad break up. These days not bothered, though would be nice to do things again.

One interesting time, on a work night out around xmas (not in Slappers might I add) I met this Maltese fella some yrs back, who took my phone and put his no it and rang it to get mine. V Smart.
A few days later he texted and a few texts when back and forth. There was a sort of offer of pop into his work to say hello, only I couldn't at time as was in my own work and not feasible.
He then rang but I missed the call (honest!) as he didn't leave it ring for v long. But he never left a vmail, so didn't know to ring or text.

I texted back and said sorry didn't catch it in time. No reply. He rang again a few days later and same thing, no vmail - phone in other room - sent a txt and no reply.

Never met up then.

I wasn't sure what he was playing at. Surely he'd leave a vmail or reply by text? I heard since that it was a new thing to get other party to use up credit instead and they were being miserly. Not sure if that's true now or not but it was what I heard after that.

He was cute, v good looking and that wasn't just the beer goggles. Different backgrounds and social scene but would have given it a chance.

. . men are generally far less calculating and devious than some women think they are. They tend to be much more matter of fact and blunt in "affairs of the heart" especially at this age.

Just be honest with both yourself and him - employ common sense though and try to be level headed but forget the second guessing and skirting around is my advice.
Still the best advice on this thread.

For the love of God, Becky, will you tell us what happened so we can all move on with our lives :D

I was going to head out today for our anniversary
Told the missus that plans are now cancelled, she wasn't happy

I'll be logged in here instead, waiting on an update from Becky! :D

Refresh, refresh, refresh

haha micmclo, sure you could end up back on the dating scene yourself with that behaviour :p

becky where are you? update us!!

Poor Becky - give her a chance she's probably so loved up on cloud 9 that she has better things to be doing on a Friday nite or on the other hand ...

Am i the only one that finds the trivialisaton of sex underlining this thread disturbing?
I must be old fashioned i guess but i thought it was meant to mean more than having a cup to coffeee together.

Hi all. Apologies for the lack of response but I have been away since last Thursday and only back now.

Sadly I have heard nothing since a couple of texts were exchanged last week.

I don't expect to hear any more but thank you all for some very entertaining/entertaining replies.

I am now down with something called a cold - something I haven't had in years and expert friends are saying its a broken heart. I however am putting it down to wearing skinny jeans, brogues and no socks last week trying to be on trend.

Back