Dart prices

joer

Hi there
How much does it cost to travel from Booterstown station to Connolly on the Dart for two adults
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

While possibly relevant to the original posters question, I'm also wondering on a more general basis - do people who use the Leap card to pay for DART fares get a discount, or is it just on the bus ?

Thanks

They get a discount. The same journey above costs 1.81 on a Leap card, or so their website says. :)

LEAP card gives discount on bus, LUAS and DART, as well as certain Bus Eireann services.
It also caps the amount you spend on a daily basis - so if you are using a lot of services in the same period it can help

Also if you are getting multiple of bus/LUAS/DART within a certain period, it does give you a 1 euro discount on the second fare in addition to the leap price.

Absolutely no question that having a Leap Card with credit on it in your wallet is worthwhile.

There are more advantages to the Leap card.
You don’t need to have exact change for the bus.If you are on the bus, you can use your card to buy tickets for other people - they’ll receive a printed ticket.
It saves time when you get the Dart as you won’t have to delay to buy a ticket. There have been many times when I’d have missed the Dart if I’d had to stop to buy a ticket.
I find it very handy to have some spare Leap cards for visitors.

Would also recommend the auto top up option - never need to remember to top up and no loading your balance etc. Just set it up and forget about it forever :)

I don't understand why anyone apart from the Free Travel brigade and maybe a clueless tourist, wouldn't have a Leap card. As an aside, for tourists on a short 3-day visit, a LC costs € 19.50. Including the Airlink. Can't beat that. For the original questioner, the [broken link removed] website gives you the fares (including the Leap fare) when you put in the starting point and destination.

I travelled by Dart last week from Connolly to Bray and it was a very pleasant experience . I was on the Luas from Mueseum to Abbey Street and it was a frightening experience, a real COVID spreader . Why are so many people allowed on ? . Also some , not—so-nice people on it.

I travelled by Dart last week from Connolly to Bray and it was a very pleasant experience . I was on the Luas from Mueseum to Abbey Street and it was a frightening experience, a real COVID spreader . Why are so many people allowed on ? . Also some , not—so-nice people on it.
It's nearly impossible for the Driver to control the numbers on the LUAS or DART. Security should be managing numbers at stops but they can't be everywhere. If masks are on everyone the transmission is massively reduced and you were on the LUAS for maybe 5 minutes? Shouldn't be an issue. Public Transport is for the public, that includes everyone, including people you regard as not-so-nice based on a very limited interaction with them.

I know that the crowds cannot be policed but I was really making the point . I would not like to travel too far on the luas though with that amount of people , masked or not. The Dart from Dublin to Bray and from Greystones to Dublin was excellent.

I hear you, I wouldn't either but I think that particular section that you used is the most busy, the rest of the LUAS network isn't so bad. I haven't been on it much but my wife hasn't commented much on her journeys having too many people on board - her journeys would be on the Green line generally between Stephen's Green and Dundrum.

Agreed. That section of the red line is very busy all the time. I've been on the green line recently and it was quiet enough but I know it was busy at rush hour.

The DART also gets really busy at some times, its not fair to say the DART is quiet and the LUAS is mad busy. It depends on the timing.

Back