Dart prices

Discussion in 'Travel, accommodation and restaurants in Ireland' started by joer, Feb 8, 2018.

1. joer

joer Frequent Poster

Hi there
    How much does it cost to travel from Booterstown station to Connolly on the Dart for two adults
    Thanks in advance.

2. JohnJay

JohnJay Frequent Poster

3. joer

joer Frequent Poster

Thank you JohnJay,

4. MrEarl

MrEarl Frequent Poster

Hi,

While possibly relevant to the original posters question, I'm also wondering on a more general basis - do people who use the Leap card to pay for DART fares get a discount, or is it just on the bus ?

Thanks

5. JohnJay

JohnJay Frequent Poster

They get a discount. The same journey above costs 1.81 on a Leap card, or so their website says. :)

MrEarl likes this.
  6. username123

username123 Frequent Poster

LEAP card gives discount on bus, LUAS and DART, as well as certain Bus Eireann services. See https://about.leapcard.ie/about/fares-discounts for details.

MrEarl likes this.
  7. gnf_ireland

gnf_ireland Frequent Poster

It also caps the amount you spend on a daily basis - so if you are using a lot of services in the same period it can help

Also if you are getting multiple of bus/LUAS/DART within a certain period, it does give you a 1 euro discount on the second fare in addition to the leap price.

MrEarl likes this.
  8. MrEarl

MrEarl Frequent Poster

Absolutely no question that having a Leap Card with credit on it in your wallet is worthwhile.

9. POC

POC Frequent Poster

There are more advantages to the Leap card.
    You don’t need to have exact change for the bus.If you are on the bus, you can use your card to buy tickets for other people - they’ll receive a printed ticket.
    It saves time when you get the Dart as you won’t have to delay to buy a ticket. There have been many times when I’d have missed the Dart if I’d had to stop to buy a ticket.
    I find it very handy to have some spare Leap cards for visitors.

MrEarl likes this.
  10. gravitygirl

gravitygirl Frequent Poster

Would also recommend the auto top up option - never need to remember to top up and no loading your balance etc. Just set it up and forget about it forever :)

11. DeclanDublin

DeclanDublin Frequent Poster

I don't understand why anyone apart from the Free Travel brigade and maybe a clueless tourist, wouldn't have a Leap card. As an aside, for tourists on a short 3-day visit, a LC costs € 19.50. Including the Airlink. Can't beat that. For the original questioner, the www.journeyplanner.ie website gives you the fares (including the Leap fare) when you put in the starting point and destination.

MrEarl likes this.