Dalriada, Dublin 16

Fuzzy

Just wondering whether anyone has heard anything (good/bad) about the new development Dalriada (D.16) that is being launched? It seems pricey enough with 3bed terraces going for 575/585k.

They are the exact same builders as hunterswood so for the sake of a road in between them i wouldnt spend that money.

You can get a 3 bed semi detached house in Hunterswood (directly across the road) for €465,000. I know there is stamp duty of 7.5% for non first time buyers but that would bring it up to just below €500k. Also, some people will argue that it has a Dublin 24 address and not a Dublin 16 address like Dalriada but who cares? Id happily save the €85k difference.

[broken link removed]=

if you do a search on hunterswood you will see that there is a problem with traffic at the moment in that area.

I live nearby and was shocked when the signs for the launch went up. I wasnt even aware there was any more land available to build on. With stocking wood and now Dalriada Knocklyon is going to be bursting at the seams. The roads, schools and public transport cant take it as it is.

Traffic has affected the 15 bus route. 2 years ago if I got to the second stop after the terminus at 8.05 I would be guaranteed a seat.

Now I have to be at the bus stop at 7.30 to get a seat and by the time it pulls away from our stop its packed... I dread to think whats its going to be like in a years time because there arent any extra buses been put on from what Ive seen.

They have introduced a school bus but it arrives before half the kids are at the bus stop so it has only reduced the problem by a small percentage.

I live in Hunterswood at the moment, and I agree the traffic is bad, so the openning of Stocking Lane and Dalriada isn't going to help! However you can get a 4 bed Semi 1340 square feet in Dalriada for 585, plus the Kitchens and finish's are much better than Hunterswood

I have to agree with happydays, I think the houses are very nicely finished. I always expected these to be 30k more expensive solely for being in the D16 region, although the houses are nicer and a lot more spacious I think. There are only a few left from when I was up there last and they were just the terraced 'Derrys', and I thought the Derry was the nicest house!

The services in the area still leave a lot be desired as pointed out already. The 49 bus route is terrible as it is and with all the new development going on it wont be able to handle it at all. I have my suspicions that there might be a bus route going through stocking avenue, as if you walk across stockign avenue there are bits taken out of the footpath that would appear to be tailor made for a bus stop. Fingers crossed anyway.

Are these houses sold out yet? Can anyone tell me how much the end of terrace houses are please? When are they due for finishing? Are they still on view please?
Thanks,

Polo,

Not sure if they are all sold out to be honest. On the last weekend of the showings there were a few terrraced (derry) left. There was only one end of terrace available which we got our filthy mitts on. This was 585, although compared to 575 to the terraced I think its not bad value.
We have been told that they should be ready around March.

I hope that helps!!

Hello,
I also put a deposit down on the 'Derry' seemed to be good value for a four bed compared to other houses in the area. There is a 1500 allowance on white goods, doesn't seem alot does it? You'll really only get basic Washing machine, dish washer, fridge freezer and oven hob for that, any thoughs?

Yep I have to agree, although they are probably taking the stance that if people are moving to a 4 bed house they are trading up and such have appliances already. Although more likely is that they are just being tight!

When were you told that your place would be ready Happydays?

Dublin 16 is being very stretched to sell houses. When i was growing up all this area was considered Tallaght Dublin 24.. builders/politicians :mad:

Be very careful when buying. A friend of mine who lives in Woodstown got their house valued at 570k at the beginning of December. They decided to put it on the market after Christmas. They are now valuing it at 540k... the market is beginning to turn so while you think you are getting good value for money now just bear in mind that houses in the area are reducing in price.

An apt where we bought was selling in the last phase brand new for €460k. Its now on the market second hand for €395k. I know stamp duty is deducted of the price second time around but still... its a big drop and interest rates arent getting any lower.

The whole Dublin 16 vs Dublin 24 debate doesn't really matter to me, I'm originally from the North so the significance is alittle lost on me! In saying that I'd say it is pretty much acccepted that Woodstown is in Knocklyon. Also houses in Woodstown are just over 1000sqft and only three bedrooms, any I've seen at 540,000 need some work to them or have had very little done.

YNWA - I was told that the house would be ready around April /May period, what about you? My house number is 21 by the way

Ye the same as ourselves. I think we are 11 Dalriada court, don't quote me on that though!
Looking forward to getting settled in there now, although dreading all the decorating/painting/moving :eek:

Would you consider Woodstown and Dalriada to be in Knocklyon?

If Im truely honest Im shocked with the amount of houses that have been built in the area over the past 10 years. A lot of changes occured with the post codes when Woodstown was first developed. Originally it was D24 but overnight it was changed to D16 and the development sold out in minutes.

I couldnt believe it when I saw Dalriada was being built. I didnt think that anymore houses could possible be built up there. As it is Knocklyon is bursting at the seams and this is clearly evident with the waiting lists for the local schools and the traffic in the mornings.

The area has changed a lot over the past 10 years.

I do think all these new developments being categorised as Knocklyon is pretty much taking the p*&S.

IMO Woodstown is Ballycullen, not Knocklyon. Also it should be Dublin 24 not 16 (assuming it is officially 16, I wasn't aware that this was the case).

Back