Dalriada, Dublin 16

It must be a real sickener for the people who've already bought there. Apparently prices have dropped 20%.

That development has been reduced in price for this launch, the bungalow was 640,000 its been redeuced by 100k................

Does anyone know anything about the affordable homes in Stocking wood?

It should'nt be a sickener if those who bought don't intent to sell anytime soon.

I know, but if they'd waited a few months they could have saved themselves a fortune (over €100,000 on some of the houses I think).

I know, but if they'd waited a few months they could have saved themselves a fortune (over €100,000 on some of the houses I think).

At the time people paid the higher price thats what the properties cost and no one could have foretold that the prices would have gone down the way they did.

Most people who bought a few months ago presumably wouldnt be wanting to sell for a number of years yet so it wont matter to them.

Is there any link to see the new prices? Stockingwood I see were having a big showing last w/end as well - they were way overpriced imho.

At the time people paid the higher price thats what the properties cost and no one could have foretold that the prices would have gone down the way they did.

Most people who bought a few months ago presumably wouldnt be wanting to sell for a number of years yet so it wont matter to them.

I'm not saying they did anything stupid. I just think it must be awful to buy a place and then see the price drop dramatically a few months later. I know people this has happened to and they were very upset, thinking of what they could have done with the extra money.

I'm not saying they did anything stupid. I just think it must be awful to buy a place and then see the price drop dramatically a few months later. I know people this has happened to and they were very upset, thinking of what they could have done with the extra money.

Oh I know - i agree with you, Id be gutted myself.

I do have the actual drop values but as house price discussion is not allowed on AAM I dont think i can post them?

We put a deposit down on a duplex last april at 450, after looking around the local area we realised they were vastly over-priced, so we pulled out.

at the time you could get a 3 bed house in hunterswood with a garden for 415.

About a month later we decided to move home to Scotland after 2.5 years. We werent able to sell our flat in dublin either, so are now renting it out.

so for us, we are really pleased we didn't buy, now we just have to wait for a market for our apartment to sell maybe in October, or we'll rent it out for another year.

Funny you say that, because people have been warning about price falls (with evidence) on this site for the last 18 months/2 years until the discussion was effectively banned about 9 months ago. Was a shame, because if some of those buyers happened accross those discussions they may have thought twice, and now face horrendous negative equity.

gebbel said:
It should'nt be a sickener if those who bought don't intent to sell anytime soon.

What an arrogant comment, this is not a washing machine they are buying where you could have picked it up at 25% off after christmas. This is effectively taking €100k + interest out of peoples spending for the next 30 years - how long does it take to earn that much after tax?? They have been systematically fleeced by the cosy arrangements between developers and politicians and the willingness of the banks to fuel it. I would like to say its their own fault, however with the amount of the spin been put on it by media and vested interests (including effective censorship of the topic on Irelands biggest financial forum), I can only feel sorry for them.

New phase being released in a couple of days.

The house we bought 7 months ago is down 60 grand which of course is a sickener, but on the upside I'm glad to see them trying at least to sell the next phase as I was afraid we'd be left living in an abandoned building site for the next couple of years.

hi all. New phase just announced: [broken link removed]
I'm also glad that they're finishing off the final sections.

*beats head into a bloody pulp against keyboard*

[broken link removed]

P.

Work seems to have stopped in Dariada despite many half finished houses. Anyone know if Ellier have gone belly up?

I see these have been reduced again. 215 for the 2 bed and 250 for the 3 bed duplex if anyone is interested.

[broken link removed]

Back