Cork Hurling Crisis

So, the sooner that people in Cork understand that nobody cares the better. We have more serious issues to be concerned about. I went to the Cork V Dublin game and what I saw was a Cork team trying their bloody best while their so called supporters turned their backs on them. (The supporters there were a credit to Cork GAA with the support they gave). So you don't want the manager there. Join the long list of supporters everywhere who don't agree with who is in charge of their team. They don't turn against the team and they don't support players who couldn't be arsed to play at the expense of people who are willing to play for the jersey never mind who is in charge. So they don't win an All Ireland with him in charge. Big bloody deal. There are another 30 counties that won't win it either and then Gerald McCarthy can walk away with some dignity. I would have thought that's the least that a man with 5 All Ireland medals for Cork deserves. And don't try and bring in some noble argument that this is against Frank Murphy and the Board. There are ways to take on the board without resorting to this sort of crap

Someone should ask these 10,000+ so called supporters who are taking to the streets in protest, where were they when their heroes were playing? There wasn't many league attendances of over 10,000 when the 2008 players were playing.

Its a joke and an embarassment for everyone involved in Cork hurling.

Rant over!

The easy way to rid ourselvesof this Cork hurling fiasco, is to rid ourselves of Cork. They're a self proclaimed Peoples Republic of Cork, so let them have it as they want. Simply cut Cork off from the rest of the country and let them drift out to sea. Would solve more problems than just the hurling, less people for the country to support, less PS workers etc. I think it's a great idea....... ;)

Aaaww, Paddy! What would be the Capital of Ireland then? Dublin? ;)

So, the sooner that people in Cork understand that nobody cares the better. We have more serious issues to be concerned about. I went to the Cork V Dublin game and what I saw was a Cork team trying their bloody best while their so called supporters turned their backs on them. (The supporters there were a credit to Cork GAA with the support they gave). So you don't want the manager there. Join the long list of supporters everywhere who don't agree with who is in charge of their team. They don't turn against the team and they don't support players who couldn't be arsed to play at the expense of people who are willing to play for the jersey never mind who is in charge. So they don't win an All Ireland with him in charge. Big bloody deal. There are another 30 counties that won't win it either and then Gerald McCarthy can walk away with some dignity. I would have thought that's the least that a man with 5 All Ireland medals for Cork deserves. And don't try and bring in some noble argument that this is against Frank Murphy and the Board. There are ways to take on the board without resorting to this sort of crap

Someone should ask these 10,000+ so called supporters who are taking to the streets in protest, where were they when their heroes were playing? There wasn't many league attendances of over 10,000 when the 2008 players were playing.

Rant over!

How can you take on a board that rules every motion they like out of order? The same board that didnt even allow their clubs to vote when the opening of croke park issue was up for debate? Every club that has voted at their sgm has voted unanimously to support the players.

How can you take on a board that rules every motion they like out of order? The same board that didnt even allow their clubs to vote when the opening of croke park issue was up for debate? Every club that has voted at their sgm has voted unanimously to support the players.

If all the clubs are so against the board, simply stop playing at all levels from underage up. Bring the entire GAA to a standstill in Cork. This isn't some noble fight of good honest GAA people against the dark forces of the Cork County Board. Are people really telling me that someone like Jerry O' Sullivan doesn't care passionately about Cork GAA? Does he enjoy seeing his two sons on strike? This is about the Cork senior panel and Gerald McCarthy. Nothing else.

If all the clubs are so against the board, simply stop playing at all levels from underage up. Bring the entire GAA to a standstill in Cork. This isn't some noble fight of good honest GAA people against the dark forces of the Cork County Board. Are people really telling me that someone like Jerry O' Sullivan doesn't care passionately about Cork GAA? Does he enjoy seeing his two sons on strike? This is about the Cork senior panel and Gerald McCarthy. Nothing else.

It could come to that yet.

Like I quoted previously, this started with the 08 players but now it has gone beyond that. Supporters/clubs/players/mentors all want change.

Aaaww, Paddy! What would be the Capital of Ireland then? Dublin? ;)

Haha, sure Dublin has always been the second city and once the "first" city is gone it's only right that the second city should take it's place!!

Or we might just make my home county the ruling county, sure it's always been the Kingdom!! ;) ;)

Rant over!

True, its rare that 10,000 would turn up for a league game. However, there will be 10,000 at the Cork V Fermanagh game on Sunday all looking for the heads of the CCB Executive.

At the Cork V Galway game last Sunday 600 supporters turned up. Miserable attendance. More people are turning up in Mourneabbey and Na Pharsaigh GAA clubs to watch the 08 panel train.

The footballers have stated that they will not play in The Championship in June if the CCB don't rectify the situation with the 08 hurlers.
For a team of players to come out and say that must show the level of dissatifaction that is out there.

Clubs are presently voting on motions to get GMC to stand down and also on having major votes at the CCB meetings referred to clubs. In the clubs that have voted so far, all have passed unanimously.

True, no one outside of Cork cares.

...This is about the Cork senior panel and Gerald McCarthy. Nothing else.

Even I, who was never involved in the GAA and who has little connection with Cork other than the occasional enjoyable recreational visit, know better than that.

Gerald McCarthy is a proxy.

Why don't they get rid of Frank Murphy, he seems to be the root cause of all this?

But with Frank gone who would get the red carded players off on technicalities?

Even I, who was never involved in the GAA and who has little connection with Cork other than the occasional enjoyable recreational visit, know better than that.

Gerald McCarthy is a proxy.

A proxy for what? A power stuggle between good and evil?

Even if that is true, it makes it even worse then that a legend of Cork GAA can be treated and portrayed as if he is some incompetent baffoon by a bunch of players if what they are trying to achieve has nothing to do with Gerald McCarthy.
And he is as bad for the personal attacks he has made on the players.

Banker, you obviously care deeply about Cork GAA so I wish you luck but I just find the whole thing really disappointing.

it would make you wonder why Gerald McCarthy is staying on, if i was in charge of a team and i wasnt wanted i would be gone so fast!

it would make you wonder why Gerald McCarthy is staying on, if i was in charge of a team and i wasnt wanted i would be gone so fast!

Niall, the word around Town is that Gerald has a big contract with the CCB to supply trophies to them and that Frank has told him that if he walks, he'll lose it.

Creid é nó ná creid.

Haha, sure Dublin has always been the second city and once the "first" city is gone it's only right that the second city should take it's place!!

Or we might just make my home county the ruling county, sure it's always been the Kingdom!! ;) ;)

Nice one, Paddy! And Jackie Healy Rea as High King of Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I was thinking Jack O' Shea myself!

Definitely the greatest footballer of his generation, in my humble opinion.

What a pity his grandmother wasn't from Cork and that Jack Charlton wasn't the Manager of the Cork Football Team at the time. Who knows what might have happened!

Anyway, back to reality. I can't be seen to be saying nice things about people from Kerry. I have a reputation to live up to! ;)

Back