Complicated TBESS application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Has anybody tried submitting a TBESS claim on ROS ? Absolutely head wrecking . I’m entering my Sept’21 bills in the Preclaim details section , (two bills 6.8.22-12.9.22 and 13.9.22-6.10.22) which incorporate the full September calendar month . Should I be entering all invoices all the the way to Feb ‘22 even though I obviously don’t have the Nov ‘22 , Dec’ 22 and Jan , Feb ‘ 23 details yet for the corresponding Period 12 months later.

Is this why it won’t allow me to continue to the next page ? Do I need to put in details for the six months 1.9.22 to 28.2.23 ? I have all bills Set ‘22-Feb’23 so that is not an issue if needed. Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue, I got a warning not to enter anything after 28/02/2022

I am going to try it tomorrow and input from 01st March 2021 to 28th February 2022, as it said I hadn't enough input, I will let you know if this works

I am going to try it tomorrow and input from 01st March 2021 to 28th February 2022, as it said I hadn't enough input, I will let you know if this works
Why would you enter details from 1st March ‘21 ? The period of reference they go back to starts on Sept ‘21.

Maybe try inputting the invoices for the total period 1/9/21-28/2/22 , say for example , 16/8/21-7/3/22 for the old period and then in the second part , the period you are claiming for , e.g , say 26/8/22-16/9/22 and 17/9/22-10/10/22 to reclaim for the September '22 period. Let us know how you get on.

Hope someone can help me here. I am late to the game and I am trying to register for TBESS. On the 3rd page it is asking me the following
'Enter % of eligible use' I have tried entering from 100 down to 1 and it will not accept it. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Does it give any error message?
Are you sure that you're not entering the '%' character - just the digits?

Does it give any error message?
Are you sure that you're not entering the '%' character - just the digits?
When I press the add/update button it tells me that I need to complete this section, which is the 'Enter % of eligible use' I have entered just the digits. I also tried to enter the % but it says this is invalid. This is for a Limited Company

Can you try a different browser or device just to see if that makes any difference?

I have registered too this morning. Mine took in 100 but it is really glitchy. It wouldn't take my trade etc.. and then suddenly after refreshing and updating several times ..i t did.
Really frustrating for something that should be so straightforward. Can only imagine what the actual claim form will be like.

Can you try a different browser or device just to see if that makes any difference?
Thanks Clubman for your help. I had already tried 2 different browsers and 2 different computers. I had another look at it since and found I had not highlighted my company on page 3, stupid am I. It did finish out and I am waiting for my request to be accepted. Thanks again.

Doesn't it highlight the erroneous field when a mistake is made?
No it did not highlight it.
I have another question if I can get help with it. We are not on the National Gas Line, we use a tank of Gas to heat our premises, well lots of tanks. Flogas deliver it it us but we do not have a GPRN number, does that mean we cannot claim any rebate for the heating?

At a glance, I can't see clarification on your question in the guidelines document at the end of this page:
but this article, while obviously not authoritative, suggests that those on a non-metered private gas supply may not be eligible for the payment.

Last edited:
Thanks again ClubMan. I have sent a query to Revenue on My Enquiries and waiting for a reply. 3 times today I have had an error message on the Revenue page so I could not complete the form for the rebate for the electricity. Tomorrow is another day...

I notice today in newspapers a mention about the low take up. I have done the calculations for Sept-Dec and we don't qualify for any month as not 50% up YoY. I know a few others in same boat. ( big user, c. 40k /month)
Unless you were on a good fixed rate contract from early in 2021, rates increased sharply in Sept 21 meaning you now can't reach the 50% increase compared with 2022.
I wonder did revenue run any simulations with the main energy companies first before designing the scheme and shouting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.