Complicated TBESS application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbeen

Has anybody tried submitting a TBESS claim on ROS ? Absolutely head wrecking . I’m entering my Sept’21 bills in the Preclaim details section , (two bills 6.8.22-12.9.22 and 13.9.22-6.10.22) which incorporate the full September calendar month . Should I be entering all invoices all the the way to Feb ‘22 even though I obviously don’t have the Nov ‘22 , Dec’ 22 and Jan , Feb ‘ 23 details yet for the corresponding Period 12 months later.

Is this why it won’t allow me to continue to the next page ? Do I need to put in details for the six months 1.9.22 to 28.2.23 ? I have all bills Set ‘22-Feb’23 so that is not an issue if needed. Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue, I got a warning not to enter anything after 28/02/2022

I am going to try it tomorrow and input from 01st March 2021 to 28th February 2022, as it said I hadn't enough input, I will let you know if this works

I am going to try it tomorrow and input from 01st March 2021 to 28th February 2022, as it said I hadn't enough input, I will let you know if this works
Why would you enter details from 1st March ‘21 ? The period of reference they go back to starts on Sept ‘21.

Maybe try inputting the invoices for the total period 1/9/21-28/2/22 , say for example , 16/8/21-7/3/22 for the old period and then in the second part , the period you are claiming for , e.g , say 26/8/22-16/9/22 and 17/9/22-10/10/22 to reclaim for the September '22 period. Let us know how you get on.

Hope someone can help me here. I am late to the game and I am trying to register for TBESS. On the 3rd page it is asking me the following
'Enter % of eligible use' I have tried entering from 100 down to 1 and it will not accept it. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Does it give any error message?
Are you sure that you're not entering the '%' character - just the digits?

Does it give any error message?
Are you sure that you're not entering the '%' character - just the digits?
When I press the add/update button it tells me that I need to complete this section, which is the 'Enter % of eligible use' I have entered just the digits. I also tried to enter the % but it says this is invalid. This is for a Limited Company

Can you try a different browser or device just to see if that makes any difference?

I have registered too this morning. Mine took in 100 but it is really glitchy. It wouldn't take my trade etc.. and then suddenly after refreshing and updating several times ..i t did.
Really frustrating for something that should be so straightforward. Can only imagine what the actual claim form will be like.

Can you try a different browser or device just to see if that makes any difference?
Thanks Clubman for your help. I had already tried 2 different browsers and 2 different computers. I had another look at it since and found I had not highlighted my company on page 3, stupid am I. It did finish out and I am waiting for my request to be accepted. Thanks again.

Doesn't it highlight the erroneous field when a mistake is made?
No it did not highlight it.
I have another question if I can get help with it. We are not on the National Gas Line, we use a tank of Gas to heat our premises, well lots of tanks. Flogas deliver it it us but we do not have a GPRN number, does that mean we cannot claim any rebate for the heating?

At a glance, I can't see clarification on your question in the guidelines document at the end of this page:
but this article, while obviously not authoritative, suggests that those on a non-metered private gas supply may not be eligible for the payment.
The Vintners’ Federation of Ireland (VFI) has said that an estimated 1,500 of its member pubs use kerosene and LPG gas to heat their premises, and those businesses should be allowed join TBESS and claim supports.

However, the Department of Finance has said in the case of businesses using energy sources which are not metered, it would not be possible to determine an individual premises’ precise usage or the exact increase in the per unit price.

Last edited:
At a glance, I can't see clarification on your question in the guidelines document at the end of this page:
but this article, while obviously not authoritative, suggests that those on a non-metered private gas supply may not be eligible for the payment.
Thanks again ClubMan. I have sent a query to Revenue on My Enquiries and waiting for a reply. 3 times today I have had an error message on the Revenue page so I could not complete the form for the rebate for the electricity. Tomorrow is another day...

I notice today in newspapers a mention about the low take up. I have done the calculations for Sept-Dec and we don't qualify for any month as not 50% up YoY. I know a few others in same boat. ( big user, c. 40k /month)
Unless you were on a good fixed rate contract from early in 2021, rates increased sharply in Sept 21 meaning you now can't reach the 50% increase compared with 2022.
I wonder did revenue run any simulations with the main energy companies first before designing the scheme and shouting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back