Come dine with me..Ireland.

thedaras

Anyone watch the Irish version which started tonight?
I thought it was very good, the first man seemed to do an excellent job.

I thought it was really good too. I was impressed with his dinner - I am giving him a 9:)

I missed it last night..it's one of my guilty pleasures. I am sure it will be repeated on 3E.

As much as I love it though, lately it's got a bit of Big Brother syndrome where people are very obviously play acting a bit too much.

Have you seen the Australian version, it's brilliant, they are all so brash!

I really enjoyed it and thought the host was very undermarked.
I think Luisa could prove to be a bit of a pain.

I agree,he did such a great job and was a great host..and yep Luisa could be the one who is a pain..all down to the editing me thinks ;).I saw some of the Australian version,thought some of them were very em,, suave :)..

Have to say its such a pain that TV3 are doing it over Five nights!Whereas the English one does all five or four contestants in one show.
The first guy would get a 9 from me also..
Am totally hooked on this show,and the kids love it too..

Have to say its such a pain that TV3 are doing it over Five nights!Whereas the English one does all five or four contestants in one show.

I thought C4 did it over separate nights also ( it seems to be on a 17.30 - 18 each night this week anyway) and only show old episodes in a one hour show.

I thought it was really good also but i don't think I'll be able to commit to watching it every night, i much prefer the 1 hour show.

I was disappointed when I realised it was just one contestant per night. Channel 4 do this with new programmes which are shown at about 5.30 in the evening and are probably a regular pre dinner programme for people who are at home at that time. But I don't think that format works for a later evening slot. You expect something a bit heavier at 9 o clock at night.

TV3 are repeating all 5 episodes back-to-back on Saturday evening, beginning at 6.30pm.

My wife is obssesed with this show although I have to admit the idea behind it is great. No host, no set, just people cooking dinners in their own homes and it pulls in a couple of million viewers a week.

Great line from the moany young lady on last night's show; "There were innuendos flying all round the table, which is right up my alley".

Yer wan last night was a bit ambitious if she thought that tree-hugging food was going to win her a grand.

And I know everyone's home is their castle but why would anyone invite a camera crew into their home when your bedroom curtains comprise out-sized dresses and their 72 pairs of shoes are stored under the radiator?

I missed most of it last night, but I heard one of the women say that Louisa hadn't catered for the meat eating guests..

Is this a correct way to treat a guest?Should she have provided a meat dish? The others did go to the trouble of catering for the vegetarian.

Yer wan last night was a bit ambitious if she thought that tree-hugging food was going to win her a grand.

And I know everyone's home is their castle but why would anyone invite a camera crew into their home when your bedroom curtains comprise out-sized dresses and their 72 pairs of shoes are stored under the radiator?

They inspest the house before hand, I know someone who didn't make the shortlist. So have curtains made of dresses and 72 pair of shoes means you're a shoe in..pardon the pun..

They actually get €120 to feed and water people which I thought was very good.

Back