Come dine with me..Ireland.

I missed most of it last night, but I heard one of the women say that Louisa hadn't catered for the meat eating guests..

Is this a correct way to treat a guest?Should she have provided a meat dish? The others did go to the trouble of catering for the vegetarian.

I'm a veggie, but I have no problem cooking meat except fish, cant stand the feel or smell of it. I would also have no problem serving up a vegetarian main dish for everyone and allowing them try something different for a change. But it all comes down to the money, so I'd have to cook something for the dirty carnivores :)

Yer wan last night was a bit ambitious if she thought that tree-hugging food was going to win her a grand.

And I know everyone's home is their castle but why would anyone invite a camera crew into their home when your bedroom curtains comprise out-sized dresses and their 72 pairs of shoes are stored under the radiator?

It's a sign she's quirky and different. They love that on CDWM.

I missed most of it last night, but I heard one of the women say that Louisa hadn't catered for the meat eating guests..

Is this a correct way to treat a guest?Should she have provided a meat dish? The others did go to the trouble of catering for the vegetarian.

i love this prgramme but hate the way vegetarians think its ok to serve carnivores up veggie dishes and yet they are catered for at the other meals. What if you dont like veg?

They inspest the house before hand, I know someone who didn't make the shortlist. So have curtains made of dresses and 72 pair of shoes means you're a shoe in..pardon the pun..

They actually get €120 to feed and water people which I thought was very good.

Its not that much when you consider they have to get the booze out of that well

i love this prgramme but hate the way vegetarians think its ok to serve carnivores up veggie dishes and yet they are catered for at the other meals. What if you dont like veg?

I'm a veggie and like RonanC I would have no problems cooking meat for guests (I often do), think she had a cheek not doing so when the others went to the hassle of providing food for her.

But whats wrong with being a "veggie" for a night? Eating a vegetarian diet is not about just eating a plate of carrots and spuds... And anyone who has tried proper vegetarian food with me has said the taste is really good and very filing too.

Veggies always seem like they are trying to convert non-veggies. It's like they can't accept that other people actually WANT to eat meat. (Obviously this is a massive generalisation and I have absolutely no evidence or links to support it but it's my belief and I'm sticking to it rigidly)

Nonetheless I think I'll apply for the show. I'm going to say that I'm a meatarian and don't eat veg cos I'm afraid of the ecoli thingy.

To be honest, even though I am a veggie I wouldn't eat that slop she served up for the main course either! i hate rice anyway but it just looked like mush!

If I was cooking I would at the very least make a meat based starter and/or meaty side dish.

I am sure I have seen David on another show, he seems very familiar.

(Obviously this is a massive generalisation and I have absolutely no evidence or links to support it but it's my belief and I'm sticking to it rigidly)...

Nonetheless I think I'll apply for the show.

:D I'd say you're a shoe in...

I'd imagine some vegetarians would find it very difficult to handle and cook meat or would have ethical objections so, in a way, I don't blame them. I find Luisa very annoying though. She's such a cliched 'cookie, arty. vegetarian' type.

I find Luisa very annoying though. She's such a cliched 'cookie, arty. vegetarian' type.
She seems to be trying a bit too hard to be a bit of a mean cow. I'm wondering if she is hamming it up for the cameras, or if she has been asked to ham it up by the producers.

I'm pleased to see that they are all wearing their seatbelts in the taxis on the way home, unlike the UK version. I don't believe that they have four seperate camera crews around, so they must taxi them home one by one with the camera crew/taxi returning to the house for the next person each time. Must take ages!

A friend of a friend will be on this later in the Summer. Apparently one of the dinners was at a house not too far from him and the taxi had to keep circling around to give him time to make his comments and give his score.

It is all down to the editing ,there is Mr bad guy, miss haven't a clue, Mrs pain in the proverbial, Mr I love myself , Mr I'm not very good at this etc etc..

Of course they say what they say,but it can/is be taken out of context and can be made to look like any of the above..

I think in fairness a lot of people really have no idea of what really happens ..they must be out of their minds..id imagine most of the producers of reality shows are looking to make a show,one that will hold the viewers interest,so they don't want everyone to be normal..

If anyone thinks all that happens is just off the cuff and all that is said and done is just said and done once,they would be wrong..

In the show come dine with me,Louisa has been on radio talking about her treatment and little did she know that she would come out of it as badly as she did,which is kind of sad really,she was just doing a dinner show and now I see on Facebook,that she is very unpopular..

I don't know...I don't think anyone goes onto reality tv nowadays not knowing that it will be edited in a certain way, to bring out the worse in some people, especially a well established show.

Helena and Vicky were on This Morning, I had already taken quite a dislike to Helena and her appearance on this morning just cemented that;)

Some months ago I set out to do some family bonding - just for fun and organised a "family" Come Dine With Me. No points were awarded, neither did somebody visit another's bedroom to see what's in the drawers.

But, we all had a great time (one night a week basis) and I think it worked.

Now, could we organise an "Askaboutmoney" Come Dine With Me? JP, you could be the token Veggie, don't know who the perfect steak chef would be, might be a competition for a stab him/her in the back person, the usual good guy/bad guy scene.

Would it work?

ah jaysus, there'd be nothing but bitching about the public sector and the chances of default !!!! ;)

Never been to any of these meet ups at Christmas- do people tend to leave unscathed???

JP, you could be the token Veggie,

I have to warn you, I am not a good cook, veggie or otherwise. I cooked a chicken for some family a few months ago, had to look up on the internet how to do it as I had no idea of cooking times and so on. They all lived.....

Back