Come dine with me..Ireland.

thedaras

Anyone watch the Irish version which started tonight?
I thought it was very good, the first man seemed to do an excellent job.

I thought it was really good too. I was impressed with his dinner - I am giving him a 9

I missed it last night..it's one of my guilty pleasures. I am sure it will be repeated on 3E.

As much as I love it though, lately it's got a bit of Big Brother syndrome where people are very obviously play acting a bit too much.

Have you seen the Australian version, it's brilliant, they are all so brash!

I really enjoyed it and thought the host was very undermarked.
I think Luisa could prove to be a bit of a pain.

I agree,he did such a great job and was a great host..and yep Luisa could be the one who is a pain..all down to the editing me thinks .I saw some of the Australian version,thought some of them were very em,, suave ..

Have to say its such a pain that TV3 are doing it over Five nights!Whereas the English one does all five or four contestants in one show.
The first guy would get a 9 from me also..
Am totally hooked on this show,and the kids love it too..

Have to say its such a pain that TV3 are doing it over Five nights!Whereas the English one does all five or four contestants in one show.

I thought C4 did it over separate nights also ( it seems to be on a 17.30 - 18 each night this week anyway) and only show old episodes in a one hour show.

I thought it was really good also but i don't think I'll be able to commit to watching it every night, i much prefer the 1 hour show.

I was disappointed when I realised it was just one contestant per night. Channel 4 do this with new programmes which are shown at about 5.30 in the evening and are probably a regular pre dinner programme for people who are at home at that time. But I don't think that format works for a later evening slot. You expect something a bit heavier at 9 o clock at night.

TV3 are repeating all 5 episodes back-to-back on Saturday evening, beginning at 6.30pm.

My wife is obssesed with this show although I have to admit the idea behind it is great. No host, no set, just people cooking dinners in their own homes and it pulls in a couple of million viewers a week.

Great line from the moany young lady on last night's show; "There were innuendos flying all round the table, which is right up my alley".

I'm liking David more and more each episode. Its an awful pity he can't win.

Yer wan last night was a bit ambitious if she thought that tree-hugging food was going to win her a grand.

And I know everyone's home is their castle but why would anyone invite a camera crew into their home when your bedroom curtains comprise out-sized dresses and their 72 pairs of shoes are stored under the radiator?

I missed most of it last night, but I heard one of the women say that Louisa hadn't catered for the meat eating guests..

Is this a correct way to treat a guest?Should she have provided a meat dish? The others did go to the trouble of catering for the vegetarian.

They inspest the house before hand, I know someone who didn't make the shortlist. So have curtains made of dresses and 72 pair of shoes means you're a shoe in..pardon the pun..

They actually get €120 to feed and water people which I thought was very good.