Coffee shops on or near O' Connell Street

I'm only looking for a place to get coffee this one time.. There's a girl involved.

Butlers doesnt have a sit down area so in that case try the eason muse or the epicurean then which is a 2 min walk down abbey st.

Are you looking for public or private area?

you could let the AAM coffe drinking brethren of the area know the time and venue so we can give you a thumbs up or down :p

If ever a place was misnamed. A grim, depressing, soulless place.
It was promising when it opened, but they raised the rents and most of the small niche stalls moved out. They were mostly replaced by what are essentially fast food outlets. Pity, the north city centre could have really used a decent food hall. The fact that it's difficult to pin-point a decent coffee shop in the area says a lot.

Well, if there's a girl involved ... I would second the suggestion of the lobby of the Gresham Hotel - big, comfy couches or winged armchairs, and never any pressure to leave. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth it to sit in luxurious surroundings. Plus it generally looks really beautiful with all the Christmas decorations :)

Well, if there's a girl involved ... I would second the suggestion of the lobby of the Gresham Hotel - big, comfy couches or winged armchairs, and never any pressure to leave. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth it to sit in luxurious surroundings. Plus it generally looks really beautiful with all the Christmas decorations :)

FYI....."Afternoon tea" in the Gresham between the two of ye (€25)

...So i've started to head upstairs in Debenhams which is quite a good spot, especially the seats overlooking Henry street!

Was there last weekend for first time and extremely disappointed. Very dirty (tables, floor, cleaning trolly), glass panels on floor cracked, wall smeared with what I hope was chocolate, etc. Agree view down to busy henry street is lovely but will certainly pass on it for a coffee next time.

Was there last weekend for first time and extremely disappointed. Very dirty (tables, floor, cleaning trolly), glass panels on floor cracked, wall smeared with what I hope was chocolate, etc. Agree view down to busy henry street is lovely but will certainly pass on it for a coffee next time.

Awh, really? Its a few months since I was there, and my experience was'nt like that at all.

I have always liked the downstairs cafe in Debenhams, facing onto Henry Street.

Fwiw, I think that McDonalds coffee is terrible. For some reason they have co-branded their coffee with Kenco, which I would regard more as a basic, instant coffee brand than a premium option.

Any sign of Costa Coffee in the city centre yet?

I could be wrong but I think there's a Costa Coffee upstairs in the Jervis St Shopping Centre.

I have always liked the downstairs cafe in Debenhams, facing onto Henry Street.

Are you talking about the old Debenhams store, facing onto Mary Street? Or is there a yet-undiscovered-by-me cafe in the Debenhams that used to be Roches?

Car, sorry but I won't give out time or place haha.. Maybe at a later date.

Flanders, all going well, pub later to get her sauced up a bit hehe ;)

Thanks for all your tips, went very well! And we ended up in the pub Flanders :D

The former, I think. Is it still there?

It vanished when Debenhams closed that store, alas. However, I noticed the other day that Arnotts have opened there now. I must investigate further to see if they have kept the cafe going.

Back