Coffee shops on or near O' Connell Street

The Coffee Shop (Muse) in Easons is very expensive 6.50euro for a sandwich made with (almost) stale bread! I think they are trying to discourage repeat business!

We were looking for somewhere to have hot choc on O'Connell street the other night and we went into the Gresham Hotel. It was very pleasant.
I'm sure their coffee is good, the Hot choc was lovely

Clerys have a v pleasant quiet coffee shop on the ground floor at the back - had a scone with cream and jam too - lovely

As one of the great unwashed, I content myself with a nice sambo from the Subway (2 nearby) or Quiznos (1 nearby).

For a more pleasent place to sit down and eat/drink tea... well i've been disappointed with the Clearys, Easons, and Arnotts cafe offerings. So i've started to head upstairs in Debenhams which is quite a good spot, especially the seats overlooking Henry street!

Would you travel as far as Queen of Tarts in Cows Lane in Temple Bar? I had breakfast there last Saturday and can highly recommend the food, atmosphere, staff and general surroundings.

mf

I get off the bus on O'C st every morning and love my coffee, best cup of joe is in butlers on henry st, just off O'c st. You get a nice choccy sweet to go with it, be prepared to queue in the mornings though. Worth it IMO.

cheapest and probably next nicest is macdonalds on O'C st.

I get off the bus on O'C st every morning and love my coffee, best cup of joe is in butlers on henry st, just off O'c st. You get a nice choccy sweet to go with it, be prepared to queue in the mornings though. Worth it IMO.

cheapest and probably next nicest is macdonalds on O'C st.

How much does that set ya back? I know the coffees are around €3...if you got one a day on your way to work its costs about €700 per year!! Never understand people with coffee on the street, 90% of workplaces provide free tea & coffee....

Is that a joke?
Nope, I actually like the coffee there. If I miss brekky at home I'll get a sausage and egg brekky meal for 3.60e which includes a coffee.

How much does that set ya back? I know the coffees are around €3...if you got one a day on your way to work its costs about €700 per year!! Never understand people with coffee on the street, 90% of workplaces provide free tea & coffee....

Our office doesnt provide free tea and coffee and the ones it does are the worst imaginable. Its 2.90e I think for a large coffee in butlers/insomnia type places of which theres an abundance of. I dont get them every day (3 days a wk maybe?)but when I do, I dont worry about 3e as I want the coffee and Im prepared to pay it. Theres a 100 other things people do with their money that I dont understand, so its all relevant.

Oh nearly forgot, a very close tie for my number one spot for coffee in Dublin is the italian deli cafe, la corte, in the epicurean centre on abbey st.
Damn fine coffee in there too.

Nope, I actually like the coffee there. If I miss brekky at home I'll get a sausage and egg brekky meal for 3.60e which includes a coffee.

Our office doesnt provide free tea and coffee and the ones it does are the worst imaginable. Its 2.90e I think for a large coffee in butlers/insomnia type places of which theres an abundance of. I dont get them every day (3 days a wk maybe?)but when I do, I dont worry about 3e as I want the coffee and Im prepared to pay it. Theres a 100 other things people do with their money that I dont understand, so its all relevant.

Yeah agreed the office stuff isnt the best....sorry didn't mean to come across that I was telling you how to spent your cash! I just think people can lose track of how much they actually spend on convenience stuff like this and it can really add up. I would expect a few of those to close down as people begin to look at where they can cut back on expenditure.....

I'm only looking for a place to get coffee this one time.. There's a girl involved.. Usually I drink the work provided coffee ALL the time! :D

I'm one of the regulars in Easons Muse Cafe every morning, coffee and a sausage baguette is 4.50 euro. I'm not at my best in the morning and starting off with the Irish Times crossword and breakfast is a gentle introduction to the day, by the time I've finished I'm much more human and ready for work. It's usually quiet for thing in the morning, plenty of private spots for a tete a tete.

Back